Worst Spectator?

Jan 2, 2016
California
The other day, I made a thread about the best reaction you've ever gotten. Now I'd like to ask, what's the worst spectator you've ever had? Now this could be someone who is heckling you and trying to expose you for not using real magic or it could be someone who had a negative reaction to the trick overall. Also, just because it's too easy, try to leave out any experiences with intoxicated spectators. Not that I would know but I've heard that it's common for them to be very difficult when it comes to magic trick.

For me, it was probably this one guy who would literally say out loud to everyone else how it was done. He also kept trying to grab the deck while I was doing a trick to show what I was doing. I was like "could you like stop please. you're ruining it for everyone else" and his response was "yeah but that's not real magic".

Reactions: Lindel
Apr 20, 2017
Las Vegas
The people I hate performing for is people who don't react. I've performed for people who try to heckle me but I am usually able to fool them with a good two card monte but with people who don't react are a lot harder to deal with because if they don't react others won't react as much

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Oct 12, 2016
Utah
Same as above. Occasionally hecklers are annoying, but in most cases it's manageable. I've had people point out double lifts, for example, but in most of cases a KM move will throw them off and discredit them in the eyes of the rest of the spectators. And as has been discussed elsewhere, the people who heckle often turn out to be doing so because they're actually interested, and if you play it right you can turn the situation around. Not always the case, but often. When people try to be "cool" and simply don't react, though, it kills the mood for everyone.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Jan 2, 2016
California
Same as above. Occasionally hecklers are annoying, but in most cases it's manageable. I've had people point out double lifts, for example, but in most of cases a KM move will throw them off and discredit them in the eyes of the rest of the spectators. And as has been discussed elsewhere, the people who heckle often turn out to be doing so because they're actually interested, and if you play it right you can turn the situation around. Not always the case, but often. When people try to be "cool" and simply don't react, though, it kills the mood for everyone.
I might sounds stupid but what's a KM move?

Oct 12, 2016
Utah
You know, I'm not actually certain if that's a widely used term, that's just the word I learned for it. It's a move that lets you ditch the card off the back of a double while retaining the visible card in your hand. Basically looks like a brushing motion along the top of the deck, and by the end of that motion you're left with one card.

Jan 2, 2016
California
You know, I'm not actually certain if that's a widely used term, that's just the word I learned for it. It's a move that lets you ditch the card off the back of a double while retaining the visible card in your hand. Basically looks like a brushing motion along the top of the deck, and by the end of that motion you're left with one card.
Ohhhhh I know what you're talking about. I know a lot of moves that are nameless to me haha.

Reactions: Lindel
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results