Throwing Card Trainer Kit

Would you consider buying something like this?

• Total voters
Oct 10, 2017
So for a school project of mine i have to create a Design with a need and my idea was a throwing card training aid. The idea is that you have a standard deck however instead of playing cards labels (e.g 4 of spades, 6 of diamonds), it would have diagrams of where to hold the card and how to throw them. There would be different variations eg being left vs right handed, different grip positions/techniques/styles. These cards would be made of a stronger material than regular throwing cards so they would last longer then normal cards but be the same dimensions so there wont be a major difference between both cards.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
So, you've got to beat what is currently on the market. Right now Ricky Jay (the past world record holder for distance) has a book about using cards as weapons, Ricky Smith Jr. (the current record holder for distance) has a few products as does Jeff Mcbride (the record holder for speed).

If you can create a product better than what these guys already have out there than go for it.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
So, you've got to beat what is currently on the market. Right now Ricky Jay (the past world record holder for distance) has a book about using cards as weapons, Ricky Smith Jr. (the current record holder for distance) has a few products as does Jeff Mcbride (the record holder for speed).

If you can create a product better than what these guys already have out there than go for it.
But I thought he was designing a deck of cards specifically for card throwing? Also it's for a school project lol. I don't think he needs to have a perfectly marketable product.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
But I thought he was designing a deck of cards specifically for card throwing?

There's not a lot out there but there are products designed and used by influential guys (like how you mentioned Banshees, they are heavily connected to Ricky Smith Jr.) I think between the two of us we have covered the gambit of what is available for card throwing. It's not a long list and I hope that those resources we named can help out.

Also it's for a school project lol. I don't think he needs to have a perfectly marketable product.

I took the poll to mean that he meant to market it. I think it's an awesome school project and I think that he could make a superior product. I hope that he looks at what is out there and can make something better or different.

Best of luck @Daydawn

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Ok gotchya. I think if the product is original enough, it would make for a cool addition to the market.

I think between the two of us we have covered the gambit of what is available for card throwing. It's not a long list and I hope that those resources we named can help out.
Please tell me that pun was intended :D

Oct 10, 2017
its just for a school project, basically i just need to create a design that is marketable (but dosent actually have too), thanks for all the help though.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results