What is this called ?

May 27, 2017
I'm not sure how much of this T11 would want me to say, and I don't want to ruin this effect (I've never seen it before but it's awesome)

Jimmy really does have a free choice, but it's already too late

If you don't know how it's done then keep learning card magic and come back to this video in a few years, you'll see it with different eyes that way

Jun 30, 2017
I'm not sure how much of this T11 would want me to say, and I don't want to ruin this effect (I've never seen it before but it's awesome)

Jimmy really does have a free choice, but it's already too late

If you don't know how it's done then keep learning card magic and come back to this video in a few years, you'll see it with different eyes that way

Well okay that was answer enough, thanks a lot bud!

Feb 18, 2015
Mnemonica by Juan Tamariz! It is Jumbled Divination with packets :), on the chapter on tricks with the Full Stack, classics. It is amazing! But you can do this with any memorized deck, like Si Stebbins or Chased or Aronson stacks. David Blaine performs tricks from Mnemonica A LOT!
Valko I don't think this was the method that you were thinking of... :/.

Reactions: alen11
Jun 30, 2017
Mnemonica by Juan Tamariz! It is Jumbled Divination with packets :), on the chapter on tricks with the Full Stack, classics. It is amazing! But you can do this with any memorized deck, like Si Stebbins or Chased or Aronson stacks. David Blaine performs tricks from Mnemonica A LOT!

thank you as well! :)

May 27, 2017

I didn't spot that it was specifically mnemonica (I don't use it a whole lot), but I noticed it was a stack :) I wasn't going to mention the false shuffle, but the combination of the two is what I meant by "already too late"

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Well, if you have a well established foundation of knowledge regarding magic, most of what he does is pretty easy to figure out if you are so inclined. Personally, I always try to turn the magician brain off and just enjoy performances when I see them. Which is probably why I find performances where the method can't be ignored to be so frustrating - the presentation is so bad I can't help but figure out the method.

OMG

Mar 27, 2018
Im sorry for reactivating this old thread, but i have question relating to this trick.
I know the mnemonica stack and I own the book by Tamariz.
But where is the card force described, which is used by david blaine in that trick?
Is it something like dai vernons mental force, described in expert card technique?

Getting a hint, where to look for this effect, would be very kind.

Feb 18, 2015
Dude, it is called Jumbled Divination in his book. It is not a force. You can do it with any stacked deck. p240

OMG

Mar 27, 2018
Thx for your help, but i dont get it.
I have read that chapter already. Im not asking about the five cards in his hands, Im asking about the selection. In jumbled divinination you cut to a selection. But here the guy has a choice to pick one of five cards? What am I missing?

Feb 18, 2015
Thx for your help, but i dont get it.
I have read that chapter already. Im not asking about the five cards in his hands, Im asking about the selection. In jumbled divinination you cut to a selection. But here the guy has a choice to pick one of five cards? What am I missing?
They pick a packet of cards, then you get a break on the card that was above the first card of the packet, and peek that card you have a break on. Then you proceed to name the next 5 cards of the stack. :/

OMG

Mar 27, 2018
They pick a packet of cards, then you get a break on the card that was above the first card of the packet, and peek that card you have a break on. Then you proceed to name the next 5 cards of the stack. :/

At first: I really appreciate that you are trying to help me. Thank you very much...

But again, Im NOT asking about the five cards in the spectators hands in general.
It´s obvious, that a spectator could pick any five cards of a stacked deck and that those cards can be revealed by peeking.
But in the video above, jimmy fallon is ask to chose one of the 5 cards in his mind. Im aksing about how does David Blaine know, which card is selected by Jimmy Fallon.
I dont think i have read about that in mnemonica.

Oct 8, 2019
At first: I really appreciate that you are trying to help me. Thank you very much...

But again, Im NOT asking about the five cards in the spectators hands in general.
It´s obvious, that a spectator could pick any five cards of a stacked deck and that those cards can be revealed by peeking.
But in the video above, jimmy fallon is ask to chose one of the 5 cards in his mind. Im aksing about how does David Blaine know, which card is selected by Jimmy Fallon.
I dont think i have read about that in mnemonica.

I know this is super late and I have been looking for how to figure out how he knew the exact selection. It is a meal subtley if you are still looking for it

OMG

Mar 27, 2018
Thank you, but I found in between.
Asi Wind has in repertoire a similar effect, where he describes the selection.

Oct 8, 2019
Yeah, I just got the book by JT and I was wondering how they both did the tricks, after learning the stack I figured it out, they have some good subtleties

Reactions: OMG
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results