Methods for forcing a specific date

Apr 21, 2018
Greeting from Indonesia,

Can anyone point me toward some sources for having a specific date in mind (ex. August 15, 2009), and then having a participant say it, without them knowing you were forcing it on them?

I want to use it on my perform next month, and honestly I don't like to look like a "magician" who bring a weird/strange magic prop that people never see before.

Thanks.

Jan 2, 2016
California
Try a SvenPad, BUT make it look like a calendar.
I was about to say a SvenPad. That's probably your best bet.

The trick "iTimeRewind" has a pretty clever way of forcing a date using an iphone. Idk how well it would work for your purposes but it's easy and it works if performed right. If you DM me I could explain it but I do think a SvenPad is a better idea.

Reactions: Greg0ry
Mar 31, 2017
Cibolo
Scripting, Equivoque, and Card Force: "I got a bunch of index cards (number cards) just cut make two piles, excellent; 1 and a 5 I need some numbers, you sir 1-12 odd or even? Great choice, how about on this side high or low? What number should we use? 8? Excellent, lets keep things open just anyone call out some numbers. I heard 20 I got 0, and I got 9. Excellent. Random numbers..." Go from there, of course someone with more of a mentalist mind than I could come up with a better script than I.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
It's all in how you present it/stage it.

People don't need to see the calculator itself, if the volunteer reads off the number. The volunteer is the representative of the audience - they assume that person is telling them the truth as long as you've made it clear that they are not in on it somehow.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Have everyone in the audience write down a date and why it is significant on an index card Have them pass the folded cards to the front. As you put the cards into a paper bag, read off some of the dates and significances and have the person raise their hand. Ask one of those people to come up on stage. Have the volunteer pick a date out of the bag. Alternatively, have the volunteer select one of the dates from the pile of cards or out of a glass fishbowl.

There are multiple methods you can use to accomplish this effect using the folded index cards.

Nov 27, 2017
By the way the new AMAZEBOX is still an option ! But Sven Pad also great ! And everything depends on the presentation, even a wizard hat and a flying cat can look as natural as hell, if you do it well :D

Hope you Will find your solution ! Greg

Reactions: 010rusty
Apr 21, 2018
Have everyone in the audience write down a date and why it is significant on an index card Have them pass the folded cards to the front. As you put the cards into a paper bag, read off some of the dates and significances and have the person raise their hand. Ask one of those people to come up on stage. Have the volunteer pick a date out of the bag. Alternatively, have the volunteer select one of the dates from the pile of cards or out of a glass fishbowl.

There are multiple methods you can use to accomplish this effect using the folded index cards.

Oh, I see. That's remind me colin mcloud performance on agt with tweet's paper. I thought that I have an illustration in my mind.

Thanks brother,

Gavin.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results