Saturday Night Contest - Anything But a Castle!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey everyone! For this week's Saturday Night Contest, we wanted to do something fun that anyone can participate in. It will require some creativity, but everything you need to do this should be easily found around the house.

We've done several "make a card castle" contests in the past, and some of your creations were AMAZING. Tonight's contest is totally different. Your challenge this evening is to make a structure out of playing cards, but there's one rule: it can't be a card castle.

What does this mean? That's up to you. Think of it as pasteboard origami. You could make a dragon. You could make a tiger. You could make a funny face. You could make a sculpture of Chris Kenner. You could make a true-size iMac, entirely of cards. Whatever you make is up to you, but it can't be a castle. Be creative! You can use whatever adhesive you prefer, and any type of playing cards.

You have until 11:00pm EST tomorrow night (Sunday, June 16th) to make your structure. Snap a picture of your creation, upload it to Instagram with the hashtag #theory11 and post the link to your picture in response to THIS forum thread before the deadline. Please note that your photo must have the date of the contest shown somewhere in your picture to be considered for judging (like on a piece of paper in the shot). Be sure to tell us what your creation was supposed to be in your post, so we know what we're looking at.

Winner takes home 1,000 Elite Member Points, a deck of Black NOCs, and 6 decks of your choice of ANY currently in-stock decks available in our store, shipped completely on the house.

Good luck!

JustinR

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2013
Reactions: OveRide

MikeK1

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2015
My picture was inspired by my love for television and exposé. I am a radio/television major in college and I decided to make an old school TV set out of monarchs. I also included a King sitting in bed watching some exposè with Christen and Zach. I LOVED those old exposè web shows. Anyways, this is my entry, I hope you all like it. Good luck to everyone!

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByxTVMFHeWP/

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
Question. If we need to put the date in the photo, does that mean that we don’t need to post through instagram?

Nurul

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2013
Birmingham, UK
https://instagram.com/p/ByxrCVKn8JW/

Here is my entry, Special thanks to my younger sister, when I told her about this contest she was immediately excited because she really loves origami.

She helped me a lot making this ROSE I had to split few cards to make the center of the rose.

It was a fun one good luck everybody.

Awesome! I was watching Lalita's tutorial on this now I have to think of something else haha

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results