Floating Light Bulb Effect

Hey, everybody! There's a talent show coming up in my school soon, and i've already signed up. I'm thinking about performing the floating light bulb effect. Does anybody own this effect, and can you tell me if it's worth buying, and if it's practical for a talent show? Thanks!

Anthony Bass

Dec 5, 2007
Indiana, USA
Why not do something that will let you show off your personality a bit? Maybe a Jumbo Invisible Deck or a simple rope routine (Daryl has a couple of good ones). A floating light bulb is more entertaining to the magician performing it than the audience watching it.

Sep 4, 2007
Why not do something that will let you show off your personality a bit? Maybe a Jumbo Invisible Deck or a simple rope routine (Daryl has a couple of good ones). A floating light bulb is more entertaining to the magician performing it than the audience watching it.

I totally disagree. It's a great effect and it totally puzzles an audience.:D

I've always found the floating lightbulb a trippy trick. It's only really cool if you can make out it's not a gimmicked light bulb (Is there a non gimmicked version?) by making out you take it froma nearby lamp or something, otherwise the immediate reaction is just "It just has batteries in it and its attached to string, woopity do."

Hey, everybody! There's a talent show coming up in my school soon, and i've already signed up. I'm thinking about performing the floating light bulb effect. Does anybody own this effect, and can you tell me if it's worth buying, and if it's practical for a talent show? Thanks!

Anthony Bass

There's so much to the floating light bulb. There is the 'zombie' type which would not be good for a talent show. There's also the Blackstone version, but it requires assistants and the notes are incomplete. I've been studying this effect for about a year and haven't come up with a practical version yet. If you have any questions, just ask.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results