Requesting T11 Deck in traditional cut

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Wouldn't a traditionally cut T11 deck be amazing? Perhaps in Medallion back. If any T11 are traditionally cut and I missed it please let me know, but I'd like to request we get some traditional cut love.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
From my understanding some of the Bee's are traditionally cut. I understand traditionally cut cards are becoming more and more scarce. I do not know the exact reasoning why .... From what I gather all you would have to do is flip the paper so that the blades slice from the other side(Presto!! Traditional Cut). You can always buy a pack of the Richard Turner Bicycles to absolutely be sure you are getting traditional cut. Otherwise it's a roll of the dice. Regardless it would definitely be awesome if some Theory11 cards were traditionally cut.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
All Bees are traditional cut and are what I am using the most at this point because I also like the borderless backs for bottom deals. For the last several years all of the Bicycles I've gotten have been traditional cut as well, but this didn't used to be the case. I use the traditional cut for tabled faros and this looks unnatural with the deck face up. T11 makes nice cards and I'd like to be able to use them more so it would be a nice additional option, maybe even in a borderless design! Mmmmmmm.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
All Bees are traditional cut and are what I am using the most at this point because I also like the borderless backs for bottom deals. For the last several years all of the Bicycles I've gotten have been traditional cut as well, but this didn't used to be the case. I use the traditional cut for tabled faros and this looks unnatural with the deck face up. T11 makes nice cards and I'd like to be able to use them more so it would be a nice additional option, maybe even in a borderless design! Mmmmmmm.

I'm just splitting hairs but not All Bees are not traditionally cut..... Jason England in the video on the Table Faro says that Bee Stingers some are traditionally cut some are not. He says it depends on the run whether it was requested at the time. For practical purposes you are right though he says that 99% of bees are traditionally cut All would mean 100%. At least we agree that the bottom deal is a fun move to practice.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Ok, I was just referring to the Bee No. 92 Diamond Back Club Special cards. To my knowledge and belief those are indeed all traditionally cut, but don't believe everything you read on the internet.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
And on the topic of bottom deals, if you know a stack you should check out Duplicity in Pit Hartling's In Order to Amaze. It's my favorite trick with a bottom deal.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
And on the topic of bottom deals, if you know a stack you should check out Duplicity in Pit Hartling's In Order to Amaze. It's my favorite trick with a bottom deal.

I don't really do stack work although by now I should have had a couple memorized.:( The only ones I really know are the easy ones Si Stebbins and Eight Kings. I'm aware that there is the Aronson Stack and Mneumonica of which the latter I have the book but haven't been motivated to learn solid yet. I'll have to check it out......Thanks. Cheers.

Reactions: DavidL11229

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
I don't really do stack work although by now I should have had a couple memorized.:( The only ones I really know are the easy ones Si Stebbins and Eight Kings. I'm aware that there is the Aronson Stack and Mneumonica of which the latter I have the book but haven't been motivated to learn solid yet. I'll have to check it out......Thanks. Cheers.
It should work with Si Stebbins. I of course have come up with an "improved" handling. Let me know if you decide to learn it.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Well, maybe Si Stebbins wouldn't be best here. I just looked at how it would come out. In the trick the deck is shuffled once and that puts all the pairs next to or near each other. The book is still a great memdeck book. Some at least should work with Stebbins. Check out Temporarily out of Order by Patrick Redford. You might want to try the Redford stack. It is based off of Si Stebbins and solves the issue of a shuffle more or less paring up the cards. I recommend both of these books in general as well, though they are both entirely on magic with a stack.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results