Dan and Dave's skills?

Nov 22, 2007
I'm a fan of DB2, I've always wanted to know if they have ever tried any of Brian Tudor Cuts like the T.B.N.Y or De'Vo Cobra Cuts? It would be nice to see them with a clip of them doing other known magician cuts. or Vice Versa? I had half the skill they would I would post clips of myself doing other magician cuts and also cuts I came up with.:) No hate in my game...

hey bro,

good question(s). well, the bucks probably do perform cuts by Brian and other performers. thats a question only they can anser.

the thing i can say, is that some of their cuts are inspired by Brian and others, such as Josh Sadowsky and more.

2. The cuts from the BUcks,FO SHO! i have the system for over 3 years now, and i still can do madonna....

good luck bro!

cheers,
aron

Sep 2, 2007
I'm a fan of DB2, I've always wanted to know if they have ever tried any of Brian Tudor Cuts like the T.B.N.Y or De'Vo Cobra Cuts? It would be nice to see them with a clip of them doing other known magician cuts. or Vice Versa? I had half the skill they would I would post clips of myself doing other magician cuts and also cuts I came up with.:) No hate in my game...

If one pays attention to the credits in the material of Dan and Dave, they will see the names of people like Brian Tudor, Ashford Kneitel etc. So, to answer your question, some of Dan and Dave's flourishes borrow or are inspired from the cuts of other flourishers (ie/ Brian Tudor and his One Hand Revolution).

kevin ho said that dave can do a cobra cut but uses erdnase go round to get the packet onto the back of his hand

If you watch the video "Portable Playground" by Kevin Ho and The Bucks, you can see Dave do that. Not the cobra cut but the Erdnase Go Round he uses to get it on the back of his hand.
Here's the video is you haven't seen it,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8sTdvSF11Q
Michael

Dec 10, 2007
Texas
NEVER QUESTION THE BUCKS!
trust me! i learned from experience
*flash back*
Me: Hey dan! hey dave! can you do the cobra cut?!
*dan tries the cobra cut -does it perfectly*
dave: dude.... never question us....
me: why n-*gets owned by DnD skills of all cuts!*
Dave: *Looks at camera David blaine style*
Me: *Defeated on the ground half concious*
Lesson LEARNED!

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
That Erdnase Go Round to the back of the hand is not that hard. People have probably been doing it for a while.

Hell, I can do a Erdnase go Round through the legs and land it on the back of my hand.

*Dan Buck Bursts through the door*
DB- "Never question our superiority!"
Me- I didn't master!
DB- Thats right! *SLAP*
Me- *Just got b*tch slapped*

But seriously, I am damn sure the Bucks do other people's moves, just because they don't do they in videos doesn't mean a thing.

*Slap*
Me- what was that for?!
DB- I am freakin Dan Buck, I own.
Me- True.

Nov 22, 2007
About teaching I'm talking about excellent teaching on cuts and flourishes. Which ones were the most difficult to perform?

Nothing against the System and Brian Tudor.*L*

Sep 1, 2007
About teaching I'm talking about excellent teaching on cuts and flourishes. Which ones were the most difficult to perform?

Nothing against the System and Brian Tudor.*L*

Some of Jerry's stuff is impossible. Closing the 6 Packet Display cut without dropping anything is harder than any Dan and Dave stuff. They're stuff is actually pretty simple.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Well if you have a well powdered deck it's easier to close the 6 packet display. I have trouble keeping the damn packets as square as possible. Can't be done without fanning powder.

Fanning powder = Jerry Cestkowski's best friend. :D

...and how is Dan and Dave's stuff simple? Sure, some are simple concepts put together but they look freakin' awesome! :D

I love this smiley... :D

Some of Jerry's stuff is impossible. Closing the 6 Packet Display cut without dropping anything is harder than any Dan and Dave stuff. They're stuff is actually pretty simple.

FIrst off doing false sybil or 360 spider slow dosen't mean you can do the bucks flourishes.Try doing Pandora or 00.3270000. Jerry and the bucks both have difficult moves, don't say that they have easy moves.

Sep 1, 2007
FIrst off doing false sybil or 360 spider slow dosen't mean you can do the bucks flourishes.Try doing Pandora or 00.3270000. Jerry and the bucks both have difficult moves, don't say that they have easy moves.

I should have said "Most of Dan and Dave's stuff is relatively easy". I can do Pandora and 00.327.0000 pretty well, though it did take alot of practice. Their moves aren't "easy" to do, but compared some other stuff out there they are. Most of their stuff is just 2 handed cuts, which while they look very complex, are actually easier to do than some other areas such as advanced armspread and ariels. By comparison, Dan and Dave's stuff really isn't that hard. I'm not nearly as good as they are, but getting their moves up to a nice speed and fluidity is easier than some other stuff. I didn't realize this until I got the Encyclopedia and tried some more advanced stuff.

Oct 28, 2007
(Dan and Dave's stuff really isn't that hard. I'm not nearly as good as they are, but getting their moves up to a nice speed and fluidity is easier than some other stuff. I didn't realize this until I got the Encyclopedia and tried some more advanced stuff.)

one thing that might of made this decision is that learning from the encyclopedia is alot harder considering that it is coming from a book!:eek:

personally i think that dan and dave's stuff is the hardest i have come across.:D

Sep 1, 2007
one thing that might of made this decision is that learning from the encyclopedia is alot harder considering that it is coming from a book!:eek:

Actually, except for the deck twirls, the teaching in the Encyclopedia was great and very easy to learn from, especially compared to the teaching on the System. I also got the companion DVDs which made it even easier. As for the difficulty, I have seen many sites say that the stuff on the System and the Trilogy is "intermediate". It's not easy, but there is harder stuff.

For those who don't have it, the Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes is a must have if you want to learn more advanced (as well as easier) stuff.

Actually, except for the deck twirls, the teaching in the Encyclopedia was great and very easy to learn from, especially compared to the teaching on the System. I also got the companion DVDs which made it even easier. As for the difficulty, I have seen many sites say that the stuff on the System and the Trilogy is "intermediate". It's not easy, but there is harder stuff.

For those who don't have it, the Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes is a must have if you want to learn more advanced (as well as easier) stuff.

Sorry for misunderstooding you ealier. THe encyclopedia is much harder than the system. Lately I've noticed that the more I've learned the easier the system has become. When I learned from it at first I practiced really hard but couldn't do it, and now it seems to have gotten easier.

Jan 8, 2008
Well, back on topic, the Bucks DO recognize other flourishers. They DO use Tudor's One hand Revolution (They use 1 A LOT more than 2 in their videos... in fact i have never seen them do 2). They also have the False Sybil. For those of you who don't know.... Sybil is Tudor's cut. So the Bucks do use other flourishers' material. I just cited one artist.

Sep 1, 2007
Well, back on topic, the Bucks DO recognize other flourishers. They DO use Tudor's One hand Revolution (They use 1 A LOT more than 2 in their videos... in fact i have never seen them do 2). They also have the False Sybil. For those of you who don't know.... Sybil is Tudor's cut. So the Bucks do use other flourishers' material. I just cited one artist.

I thought Sybil was Kenner's cut.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results