Christian Flourishing

Jan 16, 2008
Dear all,
I have had this idea for a while, but since i can't think of all the details, can you guys help me?
Well, the idea is this; since I'm a Christian, and I like flourishing a lot, why can't I combine these two aspects?
What i'm actually thinking of achieving is this; I fit flourshing/XCM names into Bible stories/events.
i.e. Genesis (in the beginning...) = the Genesis cut by Dan and Dave Buck.
Creation of animals (...crawling creatures...) = Cobra Cut by De'vo
etc, etc.
Can anyone of you give me names of cuts/flourishes that match my criteria of words/phrases that appear in the Bible?
Thanks!

Nov 22, 2007
Go do something with your life that isn't pointless

rather than trying to fit flourish names with the bible. What can you hope to accomplish?

Feb 5, 2008
London
Its a nice idea and if its done purely for your entertainment thats fine. But if you hope to perform this to other Christians it may help to remember that they don't know flourishing names so your performance won't really mean anything to them (ie they won't recognise the references in the bible) you're better off doing your own sequence and performing to everyone! :)

If you are performing remember who you target audience is. Non flourishists will see your performance in a different way to flourishing enthusiasts.

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Though it is a neat idea... I don't really think card flourishes can do justice what Bible has to say...

Sep 1, 2007
Go do something with your life that isn't pointless

rather than trying to fit flourish names with the bible. What can you hope to accomplish?

If this is all you're ever going to do just leave the boards now please. If you have nothing to contribute then why post stuff like this?

Oct 24, 2007
First of all, the first reply to oldavid1's post was very harsh. We're here to help people, not bash them for asking questions. The next couple of posts were nice, but wrong.

Creating a flourishing routine is a good thing to do. I know most of you don't take your flourishing anywhere but around your friends and cameras, but you can perform flourishing on stage or in front of a crowd, and when doing that, it's good to have a routine, especially a clever one.

I think it would be more intriguing and interesting, if you're going to be performing for a Christian audience, to mold your routine around it in the way oldavid1 wants to. I am a Christian and I think it's a great idea.

Tell the story of creation, then when you say Genesis, some music comes on and you say, "And this is Genesis", then do the flourish. It would make a great routine. Then you could explain, just to clarify, after the performance that those were the actually names of the flourishes.

Anyway, to the 4 posters after oldavid1, instead of just commenting why things are wrong and telling people that things are completely pointless. Why not help them grow and explain to them why you think it's completely pointless? If you aren't going to help and if you don't have anything good or up building to say, then don't say anything at all. Peace!

Tyler

Nov 22, 2007
I'm saying I feel it's pointless because I can not think of any use for the idea. Other than making a factoid of "This flourishes name is the same as a name in this story".

"Tell the story of creation, then when you say Genesis, some music comes on and you say, "And this is Genesis", then do the flourish. It would make a great routine."

Now I have found that motive for this idea, but in my honest opinion, it's… stupid. What's the point of telling a story, and then doing a flourish that has nothing to do with it? Let's say I tell the history of how the McVeight guy murdered a bunch of guys. I'm half way into telling it, then I do the flourish, and say "And that was the flourish named Twisty McVeight!" "What the hell does that have to do with anything?" "The names are similiar!". What's the point of that? It doesn't mix.

I believe it's a dumb idea to tell any story that is not related at all with card flourishes, and then do a card flourish halfway through. Unless you have a story remotely related to cards, so you could lead into a flourish, it just has no flow.

Sep 2, 2007
I knew if I read this thread i would regret it, and I did.

that's a really bone head idea you got there. i'm christian too. Doesn't mean you have to name flourishes after every reading or whatever it is, I can't remember.

you could, but you didn't need to ask every freak'in one for help. Imagine if I were to name all my flourishes after food.

"I'll call this one hot dog, OOOO and this one pizza. I GOT IT! I'll name this flourish oreo"

Look's pretty stupid doesn't it

Sep 1, 2007
Ineski made the "crucifix display" you could probably use that (search tutorials on www.the3c.info for a video)

personally, if I wanted to live in a country ruled by religion, I'd move to Iran

but hey maybe the "War on Science" will end when this awful republican administration does

Nov 6, 2007
Hey,
Don't let them get you down. I think it's a great idea. I suggest you come up with goals on creations that fit biblical names. Stuff like that. I think you got something going here...

Oct 28, 2007
this might not be the same for people who are not christian or even religious i don't know what if some jew got offended not saying that they would by a name but man some people are just super religous like one of my friends mom if i told her that it was called i don't know soul burner or something i'm pretty sure she would kick me out of the house :D
just give it a cool name and spread the word name it after something in the bible i don't care as long as i like the flourish

Jan 31, 2008
Dude, the idea is kinda stupid, as mentioned before no one would make the connection with stuff like "genesis" or much less anything else, however I entertain the idea so I'll drop in my 2 cents, rather then using names, use displays and stuff like that to tell a story this would defineately take some creativity, but with time you could pull it off. However if you're trying to get the Message across, I think magic is 100x better in terms of illustration purposes. Good luck.

Sep 1, 2007
you could do a color change to represent jesus turning water into wine too.

do a ribbon spread split into "twin peaks" for moses parting the red sea

walk out there naked with a fan covering your junk (use bicycle green cards so it looks like a leaf) and you'll be like adam in the garden of eden!

Jan 31, 2008
you could do a color change to represent jesus turning water into wine too.

do a ribbon spread split into "twin peaks" for moses parting the red sea

walk out there naked with a fan covering your junk (use bicycle green cards so it looks like a leaf) and you'll be like adam in the garden of eden!

Preach it Fletch! Excellent suggestions....

Believe it or not I already thought of the twin peak idea.... I'll try to think of more....

Sep 1, 2007
yeah lol I like the idea of using XCM to tell a story, regardless of what religion or whatever it's about. hmmm maybe a satanic XCM routine would be more up our alley.

a pentagram display would be tight!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results