Magic For Darfur Auction

One of the first Magic For Darfur auctions has begun with the auction of a very special donation by Theory11 to Magic For Darfur. All of the proceeds will go to aid with the suffering of the Darfur genocide. Please take advantage of this opportunity to help those in dire need.

The item being auctioned is a Signed Uncut Sheet of Bicycle Guardians. It has been signed by Jonathan Bayme, Wayne Houchin, and Daniel Madison. This is a wonderfully rare piece of art that is a GREAT collectors piece for any magician.

Here is the link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160217481237

I would like to once again thank Theory11 for their generous donation of this item.

Thanks for your time!

Mitch
www.MagicForDarfur.org

Oct 28, 2007
did you get that from here? if you did i think that is kind of weird trying to sell it to people from where you got it?

Nov 19, 2007
MD
did you get that from here? if you did i think that is kind of weird trying to sell it to people from where you got it?

What? He's auctioning off the sheet to help the crisis in Darfur. How is that "weird"?

Mitchell - what you're doing is really great.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2755

Nice! I've been waiting for something from Magic for Darfur for a while now. :) I've been interested. Well, currently I'm broke... however, if you ever set up something to donate money, sell things, or some other way to get money... I'm there. I would suggest that. Set up something to actually donate. I would donate probably pretty frequently.

That's awesome that the T11 crew actually gave this thing to you to put on ebay. That was really nice of them. However, one thing caught my eye... is this a lie?

"Not only is this item alone Ultra Rare (owned by under 10 people in the entire world), but it is signed by 3 magicians who are tearing up the magic scene."

I don't think they are that rare! T11 gives them out almost every weekend through the Saturday night contest. (I hope they start giving out Centurion uncut sheets and stop giving out Guardian Uncut sheets so Guardian sheets will keep their value... and we could have a chance of getting a Centurions uncut sheets too! :D)

Anyway, that's awesome that you are selling this. However, you should've made a minimum over 1 cent, I'm sure you can get a decent price on this as it's for charity and it's a rare item signed by 3 awesome people.

-Doug

-edit-
I also wanted to add this. It's awesome that you started up Magic For Darfur. That's nuts and incredibly awesome/nice. I honestly think about these types of genocides going on in these countries and I hate the fact that nothing ever gets done about them.... it honestly makes me depressed about the fact that I'm in America living what they probably wouldn't consider possible out there. I feel it's out duty to do something about it and the fact that you are is just awesome. Great job.

Nice! I've been waiting for something from Magic for Darfur for a while now. :) I've been interested. Well, currently I'm broke... however, if you ever set up something to donate money, sell things, or some other way to get money... I'm there. I would suggest that. Set up something to actually donate. I would donate probably pretty frequently.

That's awesome that the T11 crew actually gave this thing to you to put on ebay. That was really nice of them. However, one thing caught my eye... is this a lie?

"Not only is this item alone Ultra Rare (owned by under 10 people in the entire world), but it is signed by 3 magicians who are tearing up the magic scene."

I don't think they are that rare! T11 gives them out almost every weekend through the Saturday night contest. (I hope they start giving out Centurion uncut sheets and stop giving out Guardian Uncut sheets so Guardian sheets will keep their value... and we could have a chance of getting a Centurions uncut sheets too! :D)

Anyway, that's awesome that you are selling this. However, you should've made a minimum over 1 cent, I'm sure you can get a decent price on this as it's for charity and it's a rare item signed by 3 awesome people.

-Doug
I believe only 1 other Theory11 member has a SIGNED sheet of Guardians. Therefore, making it under 10 people.

:p

We do accept donations from our front page. www.MagicForDarfur.org. There is a Paypal link on the page.

Mitch

D

Deleted member 2755

I believe only 1 other Theory11 member has a SIGNED sheet of Guardians. Therefore, making it under 10 people.

:p

We do accept donations from our front page. www.MagicForDarfur.org. There is a Paypal link on the page.

Mitch

Oh ok. ;) It's just the way you word it.

You make it sound like under 10 ppl own it... and to increase it's value it's even signed! Well thats just the way I read it. I don't mean to sound like a pain.:rolleyes:

Also great! I didn't know you could donate money! I hope you can use paypal on pre paid credit cards because I don't actually have a real credit card. I usually pick one up from Wallgreens with a certain amount on it, spend it and throw it out. (It's an un-reloadable debit card basically that can be used online.) So if I can create a paypal account and use those, I'll be donating money the next time I pick up a card to buy something online. Thanks Mitch. I know nothing about Paypal though so I'll try and learn.

-Doug

Oh ok. ;) It's just the way you word it.

You make it sound like under 10 ppl own it... and to increase it's value it's even signed! Well thats just the way I read it. I don't mean to sound like a pain.:rolleyes:

Also great! I didn't know you could donate money! I hope you can use paypal on pre paid credit cards because I don't actually have a real credit card. I usually pick one up from Wallgreens with a certain amount on it, spend it and throw it out. (It's an un-reloadable debit card basically that can be used online.) So if I can create a paypal account and use those, I'll be donating money the next time I pick up a card to buy something online. Thanks Mitch. I know nothing about Paypal though so I'll try and learn.

-Doug
Thanks for your support Doug. The great thing is that you don't need a paypal account to donate! All you need is a credit card/other card! :)

Mitch

D

Deleted member 2755

Thanks for your support Doug. The great thing is that you don't need a paypal account to donate! All you need is a credit card/other card! :)

Mitch

Alright even better. :) Next time I pick up a card at Wallgreens I'll be sure to pick one up with a bit more money on it to donate. :D

-Doug

Feb 25, 2008
I have been pretty interested in the idea behind magic for darfur, what kind of things have you done/plan to do. And where does the money go

I have been pretty interested in the idea behind magic for darfur, what kind of things have you done/plan to do. And where does the money go
We have many events planned for the future. Our main focus right now is our upcoming book release with effect contributions from some of the biggest names in magic.

All money raised from auctions, fundraisers, events, the book goes to Save Darfur. More questions are answered in our forums.

Mitch

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results