Custom Cards: Info?

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Alright, I've been into web and graphic design for some time now, and saw a thread about a guy designing his own cards, which got me thinking.

Before submitting images to the USPCC:

When designing the cards, what size do I make the image?
Do I need to design every face, or just the Ace of Spades?
When designing the backs, do I add a border (like Bicycles), or is that automatic when they print it?

If no one knows the answers to these questions, I'll just call the USPCC in a few days (if they're closed tomorrow; i'm assuming so).

Thanks in advance,
Ben

Dec 2, 2007
I'm sure the USPCC has nothing better to do than answer questions.

You could probably just PM one of the people who you think might know, ie: JB, JonRaiker, Katie, Chris Kenner, Wayne, Dana...since all of them seem to have knowledge of what goes on around here.

Plus, I'm sure they can answer your questions faster then if you actually called USPCC. (meaning tomorrow).

I'm sure its cheap and easy, so why not give it a try.

Damien

Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Alright, I've been into web and graphic design for some time now, and saw a thread about a guy designing his own cards, which got me thinking.

Before submitting images to the USPCC:

When designing the cards, what size do I make the image?
Do I need to design every face, or just the Ace of Spades?
When designing the backs, do I add a border (like Bicycles), or is that automatic when they print it?

If no one knows the answers to these questions, I'll just call the USPCC in a few days (if they're closed tomorrow; i'm assuming so).

Thanks in advance,
Ben

i know from looking at other decks that you don't have to design any specific card. The only difference between the Masters and standard bikes is the Ace, in which case the Ace is the only thing designed. On the Tigers, the only thing designed was the color scheme. You just need to design what you want customized.

as for the other 2 questions, I have no idea

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
My back design's pretty sweet. It's still in the works; trying to get the right feel for it and all.

What's the best finish? I'm thinking of just using the one that the most people suggest.

Jan 4, 2008
Norfolk, Virginia
Liniod

My back design's pretty sweet. It's still in the works; trying to get the right feel for it and all.

What's the best finish? I'm thinking of just using the one that the most people suggest.

the best finish is hands down linoid the Tally-Ho finish with out a doubt, i friggin love the way those cards feel and split spades are the same stock and finish and they feel great as well exactly the same actually just look a thousand times cooler.

Linoid for sure with the Tally-Ho card stock, so yeah Tally-ho's with your design and you wont be disappionted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results