CTW Idea - Some Help?

Jul 16, 2008
austin, tx
Hi All,

I've come up with what I think is a decent handling for a card-to-wallet effect. The spectator picks a card from a blue deck, signs it, and the card is returned to the deck. The magician takes out his/her wallet with a "prediction;" a red card, only to reveal that the red card has the spectator's signature on it.

Are there any tricks that are similar to this that I can look up to fine-tune my own techniques? I know there have to be many versions of tricks close to this idea and I want to possibly improve mine, especially with some patter ideas.

Anyone really interested in the idea and working with some patter should PM me, otherwise, just post where I should follow here, please.

Thanks for any help,

-Crowe

Apr 22, 2008
Also I think Darwin Ortiz has one similar that can be found in "On The Card Table" It's called "The Dream Card"

There is far more than "other effects" like this. There is an entire plot.

The "Mystery" or "Stranger Card Plot" is a true classic of card work. I believe the routine was originally devised by Larry Jennings in The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings. Since then there have been MANY routines built off of the idea. Workers such as Daniel Madison, Peter Harrison, Justin Miller and many others have played with the idea and have fantastic routines.

I highly suggest getting Larry's book for the original effect and handling.

C=B

Jul 16, 2008
austin, tx
The trick in Army of 52 is actually really close to what I've been working on, so thank you. I added a very critical component that eliminates the need to do one of the sleights and makes it basically angle-proof.

Thanks for the help.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results