Card spining on finger tips.

Sep 1, 2007
Absolutely! I love that move and can very rarely do it well enough to show off I usually end up throwing the card across the room.

No .. i dont think you should... in the Flourishing community there is a rule of thumb that says "you dont teach moves that you didnt create yourself".... there are several sources for this move out there already .. one source off of the top of my head is Syd Segal's - Gaft Card Magic..

Sep 1, 2007
It's published in Card Finesse II by Jon Racherbaumer, page 36 under the name Whirl Flourish, to be exact.

It's origin is unclear, though some claim it to have migrated from Japan.

LeeAsher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
www.leeasher.com
Word on the street says it came from Japan. During a Japanese lecture tour in the 80's, magical genius Michael Weber saw some Japanese youth spinning a card-like object (ticket stub, business card, etc.) on his finger tip.

Weber brought this technology back to the states, and then disseminated it to Europe on another lecture tour a little while later.

It's been published in a couple of spots like:
-Card Finesse by Jon Racherbaumer under the title - "Whirl Flourish", 1992 -- pg. 36-38.

Also in Card College Volume 4 by Roberto Giobbi -- under the title - "Piruette", German Version 1994, English Version 2000 -- pg. 1022.

I love this flourish, and use it on a daily basis!

Asher

Sep 4, 2007
If you can at least get the card spinning on your finger for a second, that's good! It, like almost every other flourish, is a knack. You just have to keep doing it until it finally clicks. Pay attention to exactly where your fingers are, everytime you do it. This way, everytime you get it wrong you know how not to hold the card.:D You can apply this method of being concious on how you hold the cards on every kind of flourish and sleight, it helps alot!

I am almost done let me make this clear it is not very indepth but it shows you how to do the move and have some fun with it, it would be beter but my mic. broke so I added text to the movie. I can get the card on a good spin for about 2 seconds and I have known the trick but not really been able to do it untill today during first period in school I just took it out and started trying it, it clicked and I have been doing it all day and can honestly say I am doing it while I am typing this.

Sep 1, 2007
If you hold the card vertically and give it a slight upwards toss as you spin it you can make it appear to spin between your fingers at a 90 degree angle to the original move.

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
OMG

its Lee Asher

and yes, this is a great flourish with one card.

i do it all the time, and if i reveal a card, i half throw/ pirutte the card onto the table, looks great

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results