Invisible Deck

Jan 3, 2008
Nice premise, but that video could have been so much more. Anyone who runs accross this on Youtube is gonna think you have issues, and not get the set up.

Sorry, I dub this parady a fail.

:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Missouri, USA
Guess I'm the only one that thought it was funny. Lighten up on him guys, he did a pretty good job of poking fun at the ridiculous way every video of Daniel looks.

Peace
:)

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
All,

Instead of being so harsh with our criticisms of his video, offer more constructive comments like "Your impersonation wasn't top notch" or, "The sound was off". Something along those lines, this way, he can get your feedback and apply it in his future videos, instead of feeling embarassed.

Take care now,
TDA

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hey Cringe,

I agree with the consensus here that it wasn't really funny. The thing is, I got bored after 30 seconds - The entire two minutes is really repetitive, the same things over and over. Whilst I recognised some of the flourishes, even I think most who would recognise all of them would simply get bored - as far as spoofs go, it didn't go anywhere, it tried to make fun of the same thing over and over - it stayed at the same place and after two minutes it had not developed in terms of buildup of plot, parody, or any sort of differentiation.

The other thing is, what exactly was it making fun of? I didn't understand that at all, maybe you need to identify several aspects of d+m you'd like to parody? In fact there was little that was noticeably "him". It would've been better to do black and white, but what part of his flourishing are you attempting to make fun of? You may as well have been making fun of contact juggling for all I could see - though the moves were d+m moves, not enough of him came out, and indeed, not enough exaggeration of whatever you're making fun of came out, and not enough of the "making fun of" part came out - apart from the facial hair, you couldn't just been doing a practice exercise with no cards.

I think that was the main thing wrong with it - I couldn't understand what part of him you were mimicking, the mimicking itself wasn't specific or exaggerated enough, and the video didn't reflect a parody. That's three things. Hmm.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results