Split Spades Lions vs. Tally Ho's

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
hey i know that split spades are tallys... but are there any differences... and should i get split spades or tally ho viper... also shoould i get dangerous+control+split spades... or stained tattoos and vipers from E??

May 2, 2008
I would also go with the first choice. DO NOT get Control unless you have the skills to properly present it, though.

PTG

Jun 15, 2008
In a cave.
He means unless you are very good at misdirection then don't get it. And you also have realize that it is not a joke, and people take it seriously when you "stop your heart". If you don't perform it right, you'll get people calling 911 thinking they accidentally killed you, cause they screwed up or something. You must take it seriously, and you can't just do it as a joke.

-PTG

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
hey i know that split spades are tallys... but are there any differences... and should i get split spades or tally ho viper... also shoould i get dangerous+control+split spades... or stained tattoos and vipers from E??

1) Yes, Split Spades handle better than Tallys. Better finish, more durable stock, better in quality.
2) I prefer split spades to Vipers.
3) Get the first, but take into account these notes
a) Dangerous Vol. 1 Mystique is very good in my opinion, but they do require a lot of good audience management - not hard though.
b) Dangerous Vol. 2 Motion is cool, not recommended for complete beginners, otherwise if you're into flourishing, go for it.
c) Control, as mentioned above, is a VERY serious trick. If you can't have serious discussions about serious subjects, by which I mean, if you're just not that type of person, don't get it, cause you won't use it or won't make the best of the effect. It's all presentation, and it doesn't suit a lot of performers, you really have to sit them down as a serious person and be entirely dedicated. This is not something you'll go to school and perform, or something you'll perform at a party.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, on paper, option a is best. However, just because it is the better option, doesn't mean it is the best thing for you - only get it if the above three criteria suit you.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results