Killer Key by Jay Sankey
Holy Moly by Jay Sankey
Trilogy by D&D
Digital Dissolve
Dangerous: Mystique
M5 pro pk kit
Fraud
Stigmata

Please give me your honest opinions on which ones are good and bad, thanks guys!

Apr 27, 2008
Anything by Jay Sankey I usually pass and although many will disagree, to me he just unleashes to much for me to consider buying.

Digital Dissolve needs imo one basic move to end very clean and it is not taught but very easy to find elsewhere.

The M5 kit is stupid, I do tons of mentalism/pk stuff and this was just to dumb. It's a magnet and is in no way micro, I got mine from E and if you look at the dimensions you will realize how big it is. Btw this is not exposure it tells you exactly what it is so don't try telling a mod or anything stupid.

Everything else is very powerful and I use a good bit except for the Dangerous one.

Jan 4, 2008
Honestly, you have made some good purchases there if you are getting all of those. My only concern is that it is A LOT of information all at once. That can get overwhelming.

Everything you listed is good. I dont really like Sankeys Effects all that much. They tend to not have that "shock" factor, no matter how they are presented.

My Favorites on this list are Fraud and Stigmata. There is some fantastic stuff in the Trilogy and Dangerous of course as well.

However, Fraud and Stigmata are the two I use the most.

If I had to pick one out of this entire list, I would choose Fraudm, hands down. Its the one that people always talk about. (just my experience) Just do yourself a favor and take the time to properly work it. When you see the DVD, you will know what I mean. It may seem like a pain at first, but after you have performed it correctly and seen the reactions, you will want to do it again, and again. I have honestly performed it over 50 times and it is my favorite effect.

Have fun with it all!

Gerald

Oct 28, 2008
Thanks guys for the helpful info, im kinda in between on the m5 now cause I saw a review on here and another site that said it was good, but some say its horrible.

Dec 5, 2007
The Trilogy, Dangerous, Fraud, and Stigmata are all freaking amazing in my opinion. I have an M5 but I am kind of afraid to use it though, but if used correctly you can create some very very powerful magic. Ive heard only good things about Digital Dissolve, I dont know much about the other products though.

If I had to choose one I would say Stigmata, because its SUPER EASY, completly impromtu, gets INSANE reactions, and I use it all the time.

Hope that helped?
-JohnHorus

Oct 28, 2008
The Trilogy, Dangerous, Fraud, and Stigmata are all freaking amazing in my opinion. I have an M5 but I am kind of afraid to use it though, but if used correctly you can create some very very powerful magic. Ive heard only good things about Digital Dissolve, I dont know much about the other products though.

If I had to choose one I would say Stigmata, because its SUPER EASY, completly impromtu, gets INSANE reactions, and I use it all the time.

Hope that helped?
-JohnHorus

Thanks bro! I will make sure to get it=)

Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Getting... as in buy? or is this a wish list?

Not wanting to sound like a fan boy but...

Stigmata is a must! Impromptu and phenomenal reactions! Perform it often!

Trilogy is another recommendation with a range of easy, intermediate, and advanced slieghts. You'll be spending months with this one learning and perfecting until you're confident enough to perform.

If you're going to get Mystique, spend the extra $20 for motion.

M5 and PK stuff add another dimension to your magic, but you might want to wait on that depending on the effects you're doing as there might be sleights that you can learn that will do the same thing, or there might be other tools that will be cheaper.

Still, watch T11's Building a Foundation in the Media section. If you're planning on getting close around $450 -$500 in magic, get 2 or 3 things on your list (I recommend Stigmata and Trilogy), and then start investing in developing your library. Figure out your "Three tricks that you'll do better than anyone else" a-la-Lee-Asher, and go out and perform and develop your chops.

I appreciate that you're excited about magic! But what you don't want happening is having hundreds of dollars of unused effects in your truck case.

Go thru your list, figure out what purchases you'd have the most fun learning (which ones fry you the most) then evaluate which ones your audiences will have the most fun watching. Pick at most the top 2 or 3.

Sep 1, 2007
Extreme Burn
Killer Key by Jay Sankey
Holy Moly by Jay Sankey
Trilogy by D&D
Digital Dissolve
M5 pro pk kit
Fraud
Stigmata

Please give me your honest opinions on which ones are good and bad, thanks guys!

Extreme Burn and Fraud - Good trick`s! Buy one of these!
Killer Key and Holy Moly by Jay Sankey-i dont like Sankey....
Trilogy by D&D - Very good DVD
Digital Dissolve - Get this one!!
Dangerous: Mystique - Not so great
M5 pro pk kit - Hmmm....i dont know....looks impresive...but you can buy other stuff with this money
Fraud - Good trick!
Stigmata - Very good trick!

recommendation:

Invisible deck!
Exile!
Darwin ORtiz - Cardshark (book)

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Extreme Burn
Killer Key by Jay Sankey
Holy Moly by Jay Sankey
Trilogy by D&D
Digital Dissolve
M5 pro pk kit
Fraud
Stigmata

In my opinion, you got some varying products there.
Killer Key: Pretty interesting effect. Its not much different from any other copper silver trick. Its just a lot more "street". It seems like a thing you were just like "hey... lets see what i got in my pocket... hey look a key and a coin. lets do a trick" But im not a big fan of Sankey so yea.... 4/10

Holy Moley: A nice effect over all. It is basically basic coin work but put into context. you learn some coin changes, switches, etc. But with the gimmicks provided, you can do a pretty cool trick. But as i have said, im not a fan of sankey.5/10

Trilogy: Now i wont say this is bad, but I find it over rated. You do learn some cool flourishes, tricks, techniques, etc. But i just dont find the price worth it. Their tricks arent especially amazing, and the "everythingelse" section's stuff can be learnt elsewhere. I would only go for the flourishes. 6/10

Digital Dissolve: Great trick. Great effect. Way more visual than normal copper silver effects. The method isnt that hard, especially the part where the effect happens. This is good. 8/10

Dangerous Mystique: I find the tricks on this DVD much better than the ones on the Trilogy. They are a lot more matching my style and seems more magical. They last longer, and dont seem as show offy. Some of the tricks here do rely on a technique which may come as hard or risky. But once you get it down, it is almost perfect. great DVD. 8/10

M5 Pro PK Kit: this is.... meh.... its not that good. I guess if you really are in the need to spend cash on random stuf, this would work. But its basically a big magnet you hide and do stuff with. You do get the extra crap such as buckles, gimmicks, and what not, but I just dont find it very practical or natural. "Hey guys! lemme show you a trick. lets walk over here. DAMN! my hand is stuck to the fence.... it must be the um.... magical powers of my arm.... i dont have a magnet up my sleeve..... cough cough.... pull pull *rip*. yay........." 4/10

Fraud: The effect is sweetas. It has almost all the elements of a good effect. Its signed, uses a borrowed bill, visual, uses everday objects, physically impossible, they can keep the final object, self paid for. The only thing i do not really like about it is it's practicallity. Sure the trick is kickass and they get to keep the final bill at the end. But you have to make the bill over and over again, which isnt something you can do in the bathroom of a restaurant. I would only prepare this trick for big functions and when I am preparing to impress someone. And this trick may not really work in some countries with odd bills and such. 7/10

Stigmata: The effect is pretty cool. Gets the greatest reactions ever. Its very easy, you will learn this in less than 5 minutes. But the bad thing is, anyone with a little smarts may figure it out. Now I dont really think it is smart to buy the Stigmata DVD by Houchin as it only teaches that. If you want to learn this trick, go buy Banachek's PSI series. He teaches the exact trick in one of the DVDs. 7/10 (for the trick) 4/10 (for the DVD).

Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Extreme Burn - Don't have it but it looks cool and has gotten some great reviews.
Killer Key by Jay Sankey - Quite good. I have it but I don't use it, there's better stuff out there
Holy Moly by Jay Sankey - Don't own it
Trilogy by D&D - Awesome. Worth it if you put in the work. The magic is a bit bland but the flourishing is of the chain.
Digital Dissolve - Don't own it but have read some great reviews
Dangerous: Mystique - Don't own it
M5 pro pk kit - Sitting in my draw gathering dust. Most of the stuff that's practical can be done with a loop. You could use the money on something else. Ellusionist is, however, coming out with a DVD by Justin Miller on the M5. Thought you ought to know.
Fraud - Pretty cool effect. If it's Danny Garcia, you know it's quality.
Stigmata - One of the best purchases I have ever made in magic. This one has gotten me gigs and it is just so downright easy to do. This is currently my favourite trick. Get it. Period.

Extreme Burn
Killer Key by Jay Sankey
Holy Moly by Jay Sankey
Trilogy by D&D
Digital Dissolve
M5 pro pk kit
Fraud
Stigmata

I always carry a version of Patrick Page's Easy Money with me. I'm a fan of Heiny500; I think it's more visual than the variants you get on Extreme Burn. Others may disagree-- but regardless, the overall effect should be in every close-up worker's arsenal.

I'd probably pass on the Sankey stuff. I've heard too many bad rumors surrounding his material that I just don't trust it anymore. Get your hands on his older material like his Very Best of series from L&L Publishing. You'll find all the great old-school Sankey effects consolidated in an amazing set. A lot of what he puts out now is garbage, and I think he knows it.

Trilogy was a decent buy for me. I'm not much of a cardist at all but the magic was pretty refreshing. I'd recommend the set for the magic alone. The two other discs felt like a worthwhile bonus for me.

Digital Dissolve is something I use everyday. I had the gimmick reworked by Jamie Schoolcraft with an entirely different coin, but if you use the supplied gimmicks, I'm sure you'll find them just as useable. It's a very versatile effect. I'm a fan of Dan White's work.

Dangerous:Mystique was a good buy. You'll enjoy it and find something you can use. The highlight(s) for me were Angle Zero and Heritage. I believe both effects were in his lecture notes also, but it was nice seeing them put into action for a live audience.

M5 Pro Kit used to be something I enjoyed but I sold it off. I feel like there's too much work necessary to prepare everything you want to animate. If you're making demo-videos or going on television for a special occasion, I'd recommend it-- but if you're just a hobbyist or close-up worker, I'd stick to using Loops. You get more bang for your buck, and they're much more practical and impromptu than a giant m***** strapped to your person.

Fraud's pretty cool. I usually carry it with me wherever I go as well. Money effects kill lay audiences. And if it's good enough for Blaine, it's good enough for me. Ha.

I personally wasn't a fan of Stigmata. Houchin's an awesome performer who's put out a lot of good material, but I thought Stigmata was one of his weaker releases. If you want to learn the basic premise and get some more quality mentalism for your money, get the Banachek Psi Series set. Very good material, and I'd prefer this release over Houchin's video.

Hope this helps.

RS.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results