NOT always teenagers that expose

Everyone is talking about how they hate teenagers and preteens that just "perform or expose magic" on youtube. I dont mean to be mean or offensive but your not right. I have seen countless videso of people older than their mid twenties or thirtees exposing tricks or flourishes. I'm a kid a teenager to be exact and i just dont think its right that everyone is blaming it on us. The majority of exposuure is by kids, but i don't expose magic so don't just say "all those teenagers exposing magic on youtube. Because its not always us it could be anyone. I'm not complaining or anything I'm just a little upset because people think us kids are just interested in magic to expose it. As Chris Kenner says "The kids are the future of magic."

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Everyone is talking about how they hate teenagers and preteens that just "perform or expose magic" on youtube. I dont mean to be mean or offensive but your not right. I have seen countless videso of people older than their mid twenties or thirtees exposing tricks or flourishes. I'm a kid a teenager to be exact and i just dont think its right that everyone is blaming it on us. The majority of exposuure is by kids, but i don't expose magic so don't just say "all those teenagers exposing magic on youtube. Because its not always us it could be anyone. I'm not complaining or anything I'm just a little upset because people think us kids are just interested in magic to expose it. As Chris Kenner says "The kids are the future of magic."

I believe that the phrase "all those teenagers..." was to be used loosely. We're pretty sure that there are those of us that are in our 20's and 30's+ who aren't giving a practice session a chance. Then again, I'm almost positive that somewhere there are kids that are 10 and 11 doing it too. It wasn't really meant to pigeon-hole any group of people. That just tends to be the "norm" on sites like youtube.com

My suggestion...just keep doing what you do best and no one is going to judge you on that.

Shane K.

Sep 1, 2007

I agree. I'm a teenager, so you're going to stereotype me and say I expose magic? yah.. NO. I've also seen many old people expose magic. I'll agree the majority is litte 10-12 year olds, but mos tyou older people think just because your older that your higher then us teenagers. Not true. I don't hold any more respect for a 25 year old than a 15 year old.

I believe that the phrase "all those teenagers..." was to be used loosely. We're pretty sure that there are those of us that are in our 20's and 30's+ who aren't giving a practice session a chance. Then again, I'm almost positive that somewhere there are kids that are 10 and 11 doing it too. It wasn't really meant to pigeon-hole any group of people. That just tends to be the "norm" on sites like youtube.com

My suggestion...just keep doing what you do best and no one is going to judge you on that.

Shane K.
I agree because i do understand the majorit of it is us but also some of it isn't nothing persoanl to anyone just wanted to get my point across
Thanks

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
The whole teenagers thing is normal I guess, I don't think its true. but no matter how hard we try exposure will still be a problem. That might be one of the reasons I don't try and stop it, its just wasting time, so many of us have complained to youtube about exposure, what do we get out of our hard work and time? Nothing

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I agree. I'm a teenager, so you're going to stereotype me and say I expose magic? yah.. NO. I've also seen many old people expose magic. I'll agree the majority is litte 10-12 year olds, but mos tyou older people think just because your older that your higher then us teenagers. Not true. I don't hold any more respect for a 25 year old than a 15 year old.

I'm honestly not trying to be uptight or mean, but...did you even read my response to this post? We all don't hate teenagers as a group. It's more likely that we hate those who expose/don't respect work ethic than a age group. It was just a loosely used phrase. I'm quite positive of that.

Just do what you do best, and then once you do that...NO ONE will have a right to pigeon-hole you or anyone your age for what others do.

You know? ;)

Shane K.

Yeah many people do it old people and teens or even younger so its not our fault people are exposing it. but it is a horrible thing with amazing tricks that people ruin because of exposure but what can we do they have to realize its wrong on their own

I'm honestly not trying to be uptight or mean, but...did you even read my response to this post? We all don't hate teenagers as a group. It's more likely that we hate those who expose/don't respect work ethic than a age group. It was just a loosely used phrase. I'm quite positive of that.

Just do what you do best, and then once you do that...NO ONE will have a right to pigeon-hole you or anyone your age for what others do.

You know? ;)

Shane K.

I understand and thanks alot you are right I just get annoyed that people use that phrase alot.

Aren't we on a Magic forum????
I see a lot of subject talking about "You said that, but it is not right"...
Men (and girls!), we are (the world....we are...hum, sorry :)) all magicians!
Those who expose tricks on Youtube are not magicians! They just want to be interresting. "Hey look, I know how to do this trick!".

So, stop blaiming, complaining...and start talking about magic...

Sep 14, 2007

True, some of the greatest tricks come from the youngest minds. Why? Imagination and Creativity.:D

I also agree, around 60% of the community are teenagers.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results