Fiber Optics Extended by Richard Sanders

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Fiber Optics Extended REVIEW

All the original eye-popping material from Fiber Optics
PLUS 10 brand new phases, 5 brand new routines
AND Hyper Ring: The visually astounding ring and rope routine!

On this 2 hour, power packed DVD, you will learn 32 eye flipping, mind crunching, hyper visual rope moves that will literally stun your audience! Nowhere else will you find this much mind crunching visual magic, without the aid of gimmicks, magnets or special props.

All 7 routines featured on the DVD are immediately repeatable with no reset, there is nothing to get ready, nothing to prepare and nothing to hide; just pure adrenaline magic right out of your pockets!

As performed at The Magic Castle in Hollywood, The Magic Circle in London and FISM in Den Hagg.

including NEVER BEFORE SEEN bonus footage:
10 amazing new phases
5 amazing new routines
PLUS HYPER RING, the visually impossible ring and rope routine

Super Practical:
Instantly reset for multiple performances
No scissors ever needed
Use the same rope over and over
Over 5 minutes of visual magic in your pocket
Stage or Close-up
3 Rope and 1 Rope routine include

Featured moves include:
Throw Restoration, The Ends Switch, Finger Cut, Super Slide, Gravity Pull, Endless Loop, Pop Endz, Static Cling, Clip Link, Gravity Link, Toss Link, Lickety-Split Ends Switch, Midair Morph, Ends Away, Loop Swoop, Air Toss, Opposite Ends, Middle Melt, PLUS much more!

http://www.sandersfx.com/fiberoptics_extended.html
By: Richard Sanders
Cost: $35
Genre: Rope Magic

Let me start off by saying that this is by far the best DVD I’ve ever purchased. It even beats the Trilogy (Sorry Dan and Dave, but Richard Sanders is too awesome). There is just so much material on this DVD that its worth twice as much as the actual cost. It includes 32 moves and 7 routines. Though he expects you to put the moves together to make your own routines. I will try to cover every detail of the DVD in this review cuz I have yet to see a good review on this product.

When the ad says “hyper-visual, eye-popping”, they’re not kidding! I’ve performed these moves for my friends and family and their eye literally pop out. The best part is, most of the moves are SUPER EASY. I managed to learn about half the moves the day I got this and then learned a lot more the next day. A few moves will need practicing though. Also, this routine can be used as close up or stage magic. You start and end completely clean. There are no gimmicks what so ever. Also, the ring on rope routine on it is KILLER. But I’m gonna stop blabbering and get on with the review.

Quality: The DVD is split into “The Essentials” which is the original DVD and “Extended” which is the extended part. The essential version has really great quality. The extended version has twice the quality. So ya, its got good quality, no questions asked.

Teaching
: This DVD has really great teaching too. Richard Sanders takes you over the shoulder and in slow motion so it’s really easy to follow along. He repeats each moves just the right amount of times. Every time you hear yourself think “I hope he shows that again” you will be hearing Richard Sanders saying “Ok, one last time”. Very easy to learn from.

Material
:

Ok, I’ll now lay out the dvd and give a brief description of all the moves and will give comments at the end

FIBER OPTICS: The Essentials

Performances:

Here you get to see a 3 rope routine and a 1 rope routine performed.

Moves:

The 3 Ropes (Nightmare Switch)
: You have a short, medium, and long piece of rope. You run your hands down the ropes and they become the same length

Slydini False Count
: False counts the ropes to show 3 equal length pieces.

Throw Restoration
: Throw the ends of two ropes together and they become one rope.

Ends Switch: Switches the ends. An essential move.

Cutting Rope & Drop Restoration: Cuts one rope into two with your fingers, and then restores it.

Ends Across: The ends one by one jump from one hand to the other.

Super Slide: The ends visually slide from on side to the other.

Gravity Pull: Pulls the ends off

Endless Loop: Shows an endless loop

Pop Endz, Clip Link, Gravity Link, and Toss Link: 4 Ways to put the ends back on the rope.

Static Cling: Stick the ends of a rope together with static electricity.

Minus Middle
: The middle of the rope falls off.

3 to 1
: Turns 3 even ropes into the original three uneven sized ropes.

Lickety Split End Switch: A faster way to switch the ends.

Finger Cut: A more visual way to cut the rope.

Midair Morph
: The most visual way of turning 2 ropes into one.

Ends Away: Pull the ends off quickly.

Loops Swoop: Throw the loops onto the ends and they restore!

Air Toss: The most visual ends restoration.

Opposite Ends: Pulls the ends off at the bottom and puts them on at the top.

Middle Melt
: A better way to pull off and restore the middle

1 Rope Routine
: Explanation of the 1 rope routine.

FIBER OPTICS: Extended

New Performances:
5 new performances, including Hyper Ring.

New Moves:

PolyGripped
: You put the ends in your mouth or shirt pocket and pull on them and they restore.

Standard Stretch
: The classic Professor’s Nightmare.

Tie One On
: You tie the ends back on the rope and they you drop them to show they’re really restored.

Quick Switch: A fast and visual way to transpose the ends and the middle.

Sliding Knot
: You tie 2 ropes together, and you slide the knot up and down the rope. The spectator can untie the knot to see it’s a real knot.

Astro Knot: You tie a knot from an endless loop.

Hyper Ring Phase 1: You slip a tied rope’s knot into the ring and the ring penetrates the rope.

Hyper Ring Phase 2
: You pull the ring off the rope

Hyper Ring Phase 3: You visually throw the ring onto the rope.

EXTRAS
:

Welcome Speech: The new introduction to the DVD
EASTER EGG: Richard Sanders eats a muffin.

So you can see there are A LOT of moves. All ready for you to piece together to make your own routine. My favorite moves are: Finger Cut, Super Slide, Midair Morph, Quick Switch, and all the Hyper Ring moves.

So we come to the end of the review. Again, this is a great DVD and a great effect. And to reemphasize: The moves are easy, you start and end clean, with no gimmicks whatsoever.. I use this routine all the time for stage performances and even when I just perform for my friends. Definitely worth the $35.

OVERALL: 10/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Does it come with rope? If not where's the best rope to buy? :) Thanks very much, been looking at this for some time now.

- Sean

I bought a 25 feet of magician's rope with this. I suggest you buy this at penguin magic. The DVD costs $32 there and a 25 feet of Magician's rope costs $3. Plus it has free shipping so you only pay $35. Although you could probably buy rope at any fabric store.

Aug 18, 2008
You use the three ropes you start with the entire routine. There are no switches, now duplicates, no gimmicks of any kind. You are clean at the end

Reactions: RickEverhart
Aug 18, 2008
I remember learning the first part of the routine when I was little. Making three different size ropes appear the same size. I had no idea an amazing routine like this could be made from it. Worth every penny, you will not regret it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results