Homer Liwag's Coins

Jun 13, 2008
How does Homer Liwag get his coins to look darker and faded than normal coins? Also, I have a coin shell stuck on a coin. How do I get it off?

I'm pretty sure Homer uses coins from Jamie Schoolcraft. Jamie is an artist when it comes to altering coin sets-- he ages the coins together and re-edges them to ensure they all look identically and handle ideally in various palming and gripping positions. They are also aged to be as quiet as possible when slid together-- I believe this is what causes the dark look you're looking for. A Jamie Schoolcraft coin set is a pricey investment but worth every penny.

As far as unsticking a shell, you might want to try some warm water and soap, and rapping the coin against a hard surface until it falls from the shell. If this doesn't work, you should look into getting another coin shell or an appropriate bang ring to separate the gaff. Most expanded shells come with a bang ring these days and they're not all that expensive.

RS.

Hope this helps.

Sep 19, 2007
I heard at a lecture that if you take pure silver coins and dip them in bleach, they will turn black, then you can shine them up and the black will stay in the crevices. I haven't tried it, but it might work.

Sep 7, 2008
As for the stuck coin, DO NOT put it in a glass or ram it against a hard surface. That will just damage it more. Put it on top of a Bang Ring and bang. The coin will come out and the shell won't be damaged.

Sep 7, 2008
Any good magic shop. They come separatly, or with some standard coin effects like Scotch and Soda.

Dec 18, 2008
If it's not terribly stuck, take a razor blade and try to pry the coin from the shell. It should work.

And now you can sleep peacefully tonight, knowing you've been given some solid advice from the big man himself. ;)

With Love,

Santa

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
homer has a specially made set by Jamie. It has some special features which take it to a new level, which is saying a lot considering what a high level schoolcraft coins are as is. I have a morgan set and they are a piece of art. As for your question about the color, its called Patina, or softening the coins. Jamie will make the coins, or rather find coins that fit your description and alter them, exactly as you want them as far as color, softness and other features. Yeah they aren't cheap, but you get what you pay for and i have never once regretted spending the money for my set. any more information needed just ask, as for the stuck shell, it may be a result of a dent in the shell itself, i would inspect all the coins and the shell itself and double check for anything suspicious.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results