Downfall By Dan Hauss

Product:
Downfall
Price: $19.95
Retailer: Paper Crane Productions - http://www.papercranemagic.com/downfall.html

The Review:

1. The Effect:

Nothing very special, moving things with your mind. An old concept in magic and mentalism.

2. The Method:

Totally outrageous, there is nothing more clever that ive seen in my life. Totally awesome method, its one of those thing you want to discover yourself because its so clever.
10/10

3. The Gimmick:

You will have this!!!!

Its in every household and can be easily made from something we all have.
The practicallity of the gimmick is questionable. I for one am very unpleased about the gimmick, just because i really cant use it everywhere. There are certan things that make the gimmick work but easy things.

Anyway, im dissapointed of the lack of practicallity this has.

5/10

4. Teaching

Everyone who knows Dan Hauss or has seen his material knows he goes over everything. You can understand everything and, yeah he teaches well basically.

9/10

5. In addition

Well, im not dissapointed in buying this. Its an amazing thing to have but i really cant see myself preforming this. Its just not going to happen. A bit overpriced as well but nothing too tough.

I love the method but im not very fund of the practicallity of it so bear in mind if you work in a restaurant you might pull this off, if your a street preformer forget it get Shutter By Dee Christopher or Power Word Fall.

To sum up its a great piece but not in the most practicall region.

Overall: 6/10

Mikk

How well would this work for stage? What are the limitations of objects that it can move? Also, how are the angles?

Thanks,
- Sean

Well as seen on the vid, you can move a brick with this. So if its with good view its a good piece to do on stage. Its hands off. And the angles are great because there arent any. If you dont happend to move a person with this.(wich i think cant be achievable with this) Anyway if you can keep the gimmick in a special place it will be doable on stage. But there are alot better ones out there.

Mikk

Mar 16, 2009
USA
Can the item be checked by the spectators after the effect? (how quick is the clean up?) And how long does the set-up take?

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Thanks for answering those, two more sorry :p Presumably the object doesn't have to fall off or over; in other words can it just be moved across the table or something? And how much control do you actually have over the movement? :)

- Sean

Aug 21, 2008
can this gimmick fit in your pocket?
and how long does it take to set up?
does it have to be on a table?
thanks
-Danny

Jan 19, 2008
At first i thought it was crazy that the same company released 2 effects nearly identical to eachother in effect.

BUT I am now interested in this if i can do it on stage with a brick. That would kill! A couple questions though..

Is it under your control at all times?

Can i have the brick sitting on the table for like 10 min then do the effect? If not is the way you place it on the table ordinary or any chance of flashing something on stage?

Can it be done with a basket ball on a table that moves?

Is it fully cleaned up at the end, or at least the object?

Thanks

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results