Siamese Twins

Nov 8, 2008
U.S.
Hey guys, I thought I'd write a review for Bill Goodwin's Siamese Twins.

What they say: Bill Goodwin is one of the great creative thinkers and magic historians of our time with a superlative ability to handle cards. His ingenious methods have been tightly kept secrets locked away in his own notebooks. For the first time ever released, Bill teaches a flawless version of a classic in magic, Card Warp. Done completely at the fingertips and with only a single card, Siamese Twins is a beautiful illusion that is sure to amaze any audience. 30 minutes of detailed instruction with multiple camera angles, slow motion replays and bonus handlings.

The basic premise to Siamese twins is that you will make a card turn inside out at the fingertips. This effect is very well thought out, and a very logical and interesting presentation is provided, as long as you use court cards.

It is not easy, but not too difficult if you have been in magic for a little while. You should be up and running in four or five days, although for some it may take more or less time. The most difficult parts are some complicated one handed moves.

One very important thing is the routine has to flow, and the moves must be pretty quick. This will take some work.

Each change is very visual, in fact in phase 2, you simply wiggle the card slightly and it reverses itself.

For twenty dollars, you can't go wrong. However, the only problem is that you must take the folded and set-up card out of your pocket. You don't learn how to remove it from the deck and then fold it. If you know this wacky fold used in J.C. Wagner's torn and restored card, you can figure out a way to take the card out of the deck.

Overall, I would give this an 8.5/10, -1.5 for the set-up. The quality is great, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Dmagic:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 26, 2008
Minnesota
very helpful!

Thank you for your review! I was really curious about the effect. I've been eying it for some time. But, I really couldn't see what was quite going on in their little video presentations. I thought it had to be pretty good being that it was a 20.00 effect vs the fair price of the other effects.

Is there any reason why people don't leave reviews on the actual products? I've picked up a few effects and I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one leaving feedback.

Thanks again. I will have to go pick it up.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results