Comparison of Double Lifts

byu

Jul 1, 2009
USA
I have gotten many suggestions to learn a new double lift (see my ACR in this section). Some people recommend the strike double lift and some recommend the push off double lift. Which is better for beginners?

Thanks for your replies.

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
If you want to learn a great no break double lift for an ACR you should pick up Ellusionist Crash course 2, Brad Christian goes EXTREAMLY in depth about a great doubble lift there, its the DL that you can see Blaine use in all of his specialls.

Its a great dvd.

Jun 8, 2008
I like the one handed double lift. I don't think its that hard if a lot of practice is there.

May 29, 2009
If you want to learn a great no break double lift for an ACR you should pick up Ellusionist Crash course 2, Brad Christian goes EXTREAMLY in depth about a great doubble lift there, its the DL that you can see Blaine use in all of his specialls.

Its a great dvd.

Yeah, i will also recommed Ellusionist crash course 2 Brad Christian. Well for the push off DL is very much differ from the other DL you learn or you know b4, as what wallmott say it doesn't requre any breaks and it looks natural, but if you really want to learn the push off DL you gotta put in more time and effort into it. Well,For me i took 1mth to master it ;)

May 4, 2009
I have gotten many suggestions to learn a new double lift (see my ACR in this section). Some people recommend the strike double lift and some recommend the push off double lift. Which is better for beginners?

Thanks for your replies.

In Art of Magic Wayne Houchin teaches an easy double lift and an advanced push off double lift. I have watched a lot and his easy double lift is by far the best easy double lift out there in my opinion.

Houchin also says that it took him two years to master the push off double lift that he uses.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I sometimes just feel the stock of two cards off the side of the deck and just turn them over...a very casual double lift.

Looks very natural.

V.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I don't know about CC2 or AoM, don't own either.

Just using muscle memory being able to lift two cards is something my friend developed. I do a push-off, still not perfect but performable (brief eye contact while I execute...misdirection is fun).

I also use the pinky count for triple lifts and sometimes for double lifts. Yeah, you dedicate months to the clipshift...I can pinky count individual cards. :)

I would go with what everyone said about CC2(don't own it) but Brad Christian is a great teacher and usually teaches simple, effective methods for everything.

Hope this helps,

-Rik

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results