Ring Flite/flight help ... wanted

Nov 25, 2007
This post has been edited due to the amazing responses and assistance I have received here... you guys are awesome! Cheers...

Last edited by a moderator:
May 3, 2008
I'm not sure if the whole part with the ring being restored would work. Obviously you wouldn't break their ring and you'd have to switch their ring for another ring or some broken pieces but I don't think that would work. There are SOOO many different types of rings and if they saw the broken pieces they would be able to tell it's not from their ring.

Apr 1, 2009
California
I see it being able to be done.

if there's nothing out there like it, create your own. just don't go breaking their real ring unless you know you can fix it :p

Jan 5, 2008
Oklahoma
Interlace by Richard Sanders does 70% of what you're asking/the stepping on the ring(making it fall to pieces) part you'll have 2 come up with. Interlace was used on the celbracadabra reality show sponsored by E. Great Effect!

Sep 1, 2007
I personally wouldnt go for something like having the ring on the shoelace in the end because the strength of such an ending is that you never went anywhere near the shoelace. By stepping on the ring and bending down to pick it up, you lose a majority of the effect.

If i were you i would probably go with something like Gaetan Bloom's ring flite because it allows you to put pocket the case in someone else's pocket, and have the ring appear there. Allows you to talk about how you would never really damage their ring and you actually put it somehwere "safe and sound" all along; in their own pocket, inside a key case.

Using Blooms' would also allow you to switch in the broken pieces.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Lucas

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I used to do a really lo-tech ring flite whereing the ring is threaded onto a length of string to 'make it more visible' to the spectator. I then removed a small coin purse (clasped shut) from my pocket and handed it to the spectator to hold onto (I don't really remember, but I believe I had a line about how if the trick went wrong and I lost her valuable item, she could have all the cash i have- the gag was that all my funds could fit into this tiny purse). Now, the ring penetrates the string, then vanishes from the hand in a very clean manner. Spectator opens purse to find her ring. Lovely.

I wouldn't do it anymore, this was when i wanted ALL of my magic to look and feel like something Richard Sanders or David Acer might come up with. I have since found my own groove to fit into :)

You could adapt some of the moves to fit the routine you outlined above.

Hope this helps!

CL

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results