One Handed Gamblers Cop

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
i know this should be in the card magic forum, and i did infact put up a thread there. but because 40 people are viewing the general page and only 1 in the cards forum i thought i would post this here too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9ElE2d3mMk

Please tell me what you think and if it is already published or anything like that. I couldn't find any info on it on the internet

Sep 22, 2007
i liked it alot. very interesting. good idea! cover the buckle with ur first finger. as a tip

Jun 29, 2009
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe that first move was the outjogged herman shift.

Anyway, i really like this move, i'm going to play around with that idea in front of a mirror, its not too angle sensitive. Let me know how it performs!

EDIT: Actually after rewatching idon't know what you did to force it on the bottom, it definitely wasn't the outjogged herman shift. PM me perhaps to let me know what you did?

Jun 24, 2008
United States
Quick Shot the first move was not the outjogged herman shift. I honestly do not know the correct name of the slieght, but i do know wha tthe outjogged herman shift is. If anyone can figure out the name of that first slieght please share, i knew it when i first learned it off Daryl's dvd's but i cannot remember.

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
Michael Paul workshopped the first sleight on his itricks clinic. Its a marlo's perfect change done in the deck. I think he calls it reality disturbance. or something like that.

All right idea, I may upload a video and send it to you with a sleight variation. My idea if it works, would eliminate some finger movement. I'll let you know

That's really nice mate, well done.

I love the Gamblers Cop and have been messing around with it myself. I really like the lack of movement with the deck and the get ready would be easy to cover with misdirection and being in a live environment, as you rightly say. Would it be ok for me to take your idea and start playing with it and use it? If not, then just let me know.

Again, very nice.

Rabid

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
12 hours from concept to teaching? this isnt exactly groundbreaking master technique. I was rereading By Forces Unseen and his one hand bottom palm is a total biatch. plus, i dont like magicians palms as much as gamblers cops, so i thought "Hmmm, is there a way similar to mr earicks to get into position for a cop?" An hour later I had the basic idea, and through video tests i found it worked really well. I thought I would share my idea for feedback, and if anyone wants to use it by all means. I also wanted to find out if this is my original idea, and so far it seems that no one has come up with this before.

I CLAIM THIS MOVE HERE IN THE FORUMS FOREVER MINE HAHAHAHA.

JK

but seriously, i have been doing magic less than 1 year and I feel that sharing and getting feedback will help me develop faster.

Dec 29, 2008
Colorado
That was pretty sharp. I prefer the gamblers cop, especially for stealing a card off the bottom of the pack. I will work with your idea, I think i has some good practicalities. Just a thought, start the move with a pinky pull down, might help hide some of the first finger movement.

keep up the good work.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results