FBI Raids Copperfield's Warehouse!

They seize computers for all kinds of reasons, why your mind would jump to something like that I'll never know. You know, believe it or not, computers have a few thousand other uses than that.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Usually they seize computers looking for information.
I would think that it would probably have something to do with taxes/finances seeing as they also seized $2,000,000.
However, these are all just assumptions.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
The news stories are updated now, they say it has to do with Sexual Misconduct out of the country. Hopefully it turns out to be false assumptions made against him. Computer seizing doesn't always have to do with "those type of things" but the fact that they took a camera too is a little unsettling. I just hope it turns out to be nothing, which it probably is.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
The news stories are updated now, they say it has to do with Sexual Misconduct out of the country. Hopefully it turns out to be false assumptions made against him. Computer seizing doesn't always have to do with "those type of things" but the fact that they took a camera too is a little unsettling. I just hope it turns out to be nothing, which it probably is.

Can you link the story where you read it had to do with sexual misconduct out of the country and the statement was made by someone involved in the investigation? Sorry but I haven't seen that said anywhere yet and I have read every news story I could find on this investigation. I would hate to see rumors or unconfirmed sources shopped around as factual when it turns out to be baseless in the end.

"I can say that there was investigative activity yesterday and yesterday evening in Las Vegas," said Seattle FBI Special Agent Robbie Burroughs, without specifying exactly where the activity took place or who it involved, on Thursday.

"The investigation is related to a Seattle case. The Seattle case is pending and that means we can't say anything about it."

--Jim

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Copperfield's Las Vegas attorney, David Chesnoff, told FOX News that possible sexual abuse claims against the illusionist were false.

I suppose you could read into that and speculate whatever you like without any concern for the reputation of the person being implicated.

--Jim

I guess once you have had Claudia Schiffer nothing else, sexually speaking, can touch that and you start to become a little crazy searching for something better. This is of course just a guess on my part seeing how I have yet to even meet Claudia.

Sep 2, 2007
On fox they said its was a false claim WOOT

And to the person who made the claim
Get a Life,David copperfeild doesnt want to do you.

lmao sorry for that I just had to say it.:D

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
UPDATE: Copperfield’s lawyers tell Robin Leach “It’s simply totally untrue and completely unfounded.”

Fox News is reporting that the FBI raids on David Copperfield’s Nevada warehouse are connected to a claim by a Seattle woman that the legendary illusionist sexually assaulted her in the Bahamas. Also, a local television station KLAS is reporting that agents also searched the MGM Grand, where Copperfield regularly performs.

Agents seized a computer hard drive, a memory chip from a digital camera and close to $2 million in cash from the warehouse. Authorities have not said if anything was seized from MGM.

Copperfield is scheduled to next perform in Jakarta, Indonesia for six days beginning on the 23rd. It is unclear if the investigation will affect those performances.

The warehouse raided by authorities contains a vast private collection of magic memorabilia as well as his own illusions. Although it has yet to be connected in any way to the current investigation, Copperfield does own a private island in the Bahamas named Musha Cay which he regularly refers to in interviews (the most recent published yesterday in a Singapre newspaper) as being the possible home of the fountain of youth. The island made news earlier this year when Google co-founder Sergey Brin got married on it.

www.itricks.com

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
Dang! I wonder If those FBI dudes had a warrant. If copperfield secrets were on that harddrive.....Those FBI better put in on youtube!

Oct 14, 2007
I have seen david copperfeilds show in ashland kentucky and met him there. he is not that type of person i can promise you. all the best david! Im rooting for you.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results