Drift Shift

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
this is my performance of an interesting little sleight i found in Jerry Andrus Card Control book. I am not giving out the method even though i say to pm at the end. That was more for a few buddies i have that I was sending the vid to. Its pretty easy to figure out on camera but done live it works great. This is just a cool idea and maybe it will get some more ideas floating around in your head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33n-4NDJrZM

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
yeah it is. thats why i mention at the beginning that it only works for a small audience. At the beginning of his card control book, mr andrus says that he wasnt the most versatile magician and a lot of his sleights are angle sensitive and only good for a small group. That doesnt mean its not a great sleight to have for the right times!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Drift Shift is a fantastic move I use from time to time when I feel particularly daring. I love that every moment you're performing the sleight, you're thinking, "This can't possibly be hidden, this can't possibly work!"

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
Is this from the book Andrus deals you in? If so did you say it is only card controls?
Awesome control by the way.

its from his book Card Control. That entire book which has 900 drawings and countless sleights is all card moves, no tricks. A lot of the moves are things that are not practical or usefull for me, but as you look through it, little gems will pop up such as this one.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results