Sleightly Magical :: Webcam Question

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I wasn't quite sure where to ask this question, but I'm hoping that it will be okay here in the general section of the forums.

Like many of you out there, I go out from time to time to practice and perform for the public. Be it friends, family, or for a short period of time...complete strangers.

My question more or less about performing for other spectators, but what makes this different...is that I'd be performing over the internet. I'm looking for either a good digital camera or a good webcam so that I can show my friends that are online or far away from my what I can do.

Does anyone have any good recommendations on quality webcams or digital cameras?

Thank you,

Shane K.

Rather than getting a webcam, I suggest you buy a digital camera so you can film performances and other stuff apart from magic as well.

I'm in the same process as you and am looking for a good camera, there have been a few good threads, but a refresher wouldn't be bad;)

I know the Sony fx something is amazing, but up in the thousands price range, so something a regular person can get...

But in your case, I suggest a digital camera, it will serve you many more purposes than just a webcam.

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
if you really want to use a webcam you can use mebeam.com it is a webpage where you can conference with several other webcams and talk.

btw. anyone interested there is a decknique page here

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Avancer, a webcam could be better to a digital camera if he wanted to do the trick live. Simply riffle through the pack, spread the cards out and have him pick one, etc. etc.
That way it would feel like they're actually doing the show with him.
But yes, I would recommend a digital camera instead, as it can be more versatile

Kodak is pretty much dead, isn't it?

-Justin

some what, but Sony in my opinion is taking the lead with digital cameras, I did some research and you can find some nice ones around the 500-600$ range.

Yes Dark Angel, I agree if he does wish to do it live a webcam will work, but I'm pretty sure you can also stream video with a digital camera, it may be more complicated, but like you said, he'd have more versatility.

Sep 1, 2007
I recently bought a Sony W200. It's a 12 MP machine and it's fantastic.

Great looking photos. I could upload some samples if you're at all interested. Just shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results