BE KIND Loseness

Feb 27, 2010
Yo, just wanna ask if the Be Kind is a good download?

I mean its so obvious!...The trailer (or tutorial as I want to call it)was so obvious.No download is needed...Man...these 1-on-1 gets weaker by the second...

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Either I'm blind, or you're a Jedi magician, but Tony Chang has some of the best chops I've seen in recent memory. Not only is the BK change beautiful, but it's fooled in person some of the most respected names in this industry at last year's Magic Live convention. Chances are however you think it's done... is not how it is actually done.

Regarding 1-on-1's being "weak"... we of course welcome all constructive feedback, and you are absolutely entitled to your opinion, but this particular opinion was a bit humorous to me as in the past 4 weeks alone, we've released a 36 minute treatise on the Double Lift from one of the most respected card technicians in the world, a 35 minute explanation of the Zarrow Shuffle with explicit permission from David Ben and Meir Yedid, a 28 minute download on Push Off Second Deal, and a super slick rubberband penetration from Alex Pandrea. Weak? ;)

Apr 22, 2009
people spend this much more time on forums caring about 1 on 1 downloads instead of performing....

are we even magicians anymore guys?

dood, that is seriously a weak post.
what happened to being respectful.
if you dont want it, dont buy it. or try to perform it, and have it look like garbage its up to you. but dont be going around telling people that their magic is weak. just grow up

Jan 16, 2010
Yo, just wanna ask if the Be Kind is a good download?

I mean its so obvious!...The trailer (or tutorial as I want to call it)was so obvious.No download is needed...Man...these 1-on-1 gets weaker by the second...

okkkk. How about you just post a video of you performing your perfect rendition of the BK change :) . Sounds like you have it down. After watching the trailer and all. I'm sure that I'm not the only one on here that wants to see your perfect performance of this fairly challenging change :) It would be even beeeetteeer if you could show your skills in front of a live audience. That would be awesome.

Dec 21, 2009
I hate people who just say that they "know" how something is done. Honestly, you don't. The method is so ingenious, I doubt anyone could figure it out. If you think you know it, just post a video performing it, because if you are only claiming you know it, we just won't believe you because we know how great the method is.

I believe the person before me suggested performing it. Why don't you do that?

Feb 27, 2010
Hmmm....Gambling sleights are cool..Nothing against that grooveness...Since Dai mentioned in his book or whatever, gambling sleights takes years to do...Sleights and color changes are less deceptive to sharks.Palmed cards, Covers, finger positions, etc...

Feb 27, 2010
if it makes everyone feel better...to those who downloaded the move, well, probably I might have a theory...But lets see who hits the mark when my theory hits dead center....Peace....

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
if it makes everyone feel better...to those who downloaded the move, well, probably I might have a theory...But lets see who hits the mark when my theory hits dead center....Peace....

So what if your right about the method? You want a cookie or something?

If you think 1on1s are getting weaker and weaker by the second will stop looking at the 1on1s then.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Sharkshi66 ... You have made 6 posts, at least five of them in a pretty negative spirit. Don't you think you could try spending your time more productively? Why the constant bashing?

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
So...Whats the point of these threads? Telling T11 to one-up their 1-on-1s?
Okay so youre a genius. You figured it out. Now what? If you find the 1-on-1s weak, then dont buy them. T11 is not going to make some knuckle busting 1-on-1s just for one guy. A lot of the customers here aren't as "good" as you.
You dont like it, dont buy it. Just dont be a douche.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Even if the original poster actually was able to figure out the method from the teaser video, it is not actually the point at hand.

Just knowing the mechanics of something does not mean you are going to be able to perform it well.

I have seen videos on youtube of the BK change already, and tbh, none of them even come close to Tony's handling. This is because Tony puts a huge emphasis and focus on things looking natural.

The reason why Tony takes FOREVER to update his blog, is because he does not settle for mediocre. If you read through all of his posts, you will find a general theme. Tony believes magic should be about using possible methods to make the impossible look like it is happening, and in the most logical way. He said specifically that his idea of magic is "taking a joker, having it change to a spectators card, and have it change back," (not sure on wording here). Sure there are many ways to do this, but to make it look natural, as if nothing else could be happening behind he scenes, well... that takes hours of practice and dedication.

Tony's skill comes from his ability to take very difficult sleights, and make them look natural, as if nothing fishy is happening. He gives great pointers on how you, as a magician, can start achieving this.

So again, even if you know he method behind the BK change/vanish, and now his DVR... that is not enough for you to blow off getting the 1-on-1. You will be skipping out on so much more wisdom that, in my opinion, should be selling for a lot more in itself alone. Wisdom that so many young magicians either don't realize is out there, or too difficult to care about, so they just skip it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results