The Mechanics Shift

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
The Mechanics Shift
By
Jo Sevau and Richard Hucko

Price: $10

Where At? http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/
http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/card-magic-downloads/mechanics-shift/

What They Say
The Mechanic's Shift is pure underground bliss, a hot new control from anywhere in the deck. This is what it's all about: bringing YOU artists you've never seen before, doing amazing things. And we do it first. The move is absolutely invisible.

This 45-minute tutorial shows you INCREDIBLE applications and variations of this phantom-like control. Looking for a challenge? Something totally in the hands that looks like nothing? A multiple shift for four Aces? The Mechanic's Shift is here, straight from the underground and onto your screen. No frills. No fancy edits. No cut-aways.

Our favorite application is a center steal directly to palm. This is a rare treat, since other center-steals require a two-handed squaring action or an awkward moment. Here, with one hand, you maneuver any card from any position directly into palm. And to see these guys do it is a thing of beauty. You know what you're getting when you learn with Vanishing Inc Magic. A basic video with CLEAR, simple video editing, that goes into great depth about finger placement, move theory, and applications. Our next hit...the Mechanic's Shift.

Thoughts Well this move is a fun one it's actually quite difficult very move monkey esc BUT it can be used just as well in a Real performance. Its a one handed shift of a card. This 45 minute download includes so much material (Which i will get to in a moment) but man colour changes. The multiple shift is amazing and i love the split you can even get the card into a palm!. Its definitely one of those moves you need to work on but will be well worth it. Im enjoying it so far and have been playing around with it for the last week or so. The boys have done an amazing job on expanding one move. Its one of those moves you can just sit at the tv drink in one hand cards in other and just practice. Lets get into this further.

What you will Learn A nice amount here but you can judge yourself.

The Basic Mechanics Shift
Covering Actions For the Basic Mechanics Shift
More Covers
Control To The Bottom From Centre (With Covers)
Two Handed Centre To Top Control
Mechanics Shift To Palm
Centre To Palm
Table Palm
Palm Transfer
Colour Changes
The Split
Multiple Control
More Tips

So There is alot included in here Some of my favourites are the Palm, Multiple Control, The Split and the Control

Ill Talk about a few of these Applications

Mechanics Shift To Palm: The Mechanics shift to palm is a great way to get a card into palm with one hand but you can also get a card from the top of the deck to palm in the hand holding the deck! This is a little variation on the move with changes the dynamics completely.

The Multiple Control: A really fun piece though the cards arent really insterted into the packet as such they are all controlled individually the packets of cards either need to be on a table or held by seperate spectators.

Table Palm: The Table Palm utilises the palming version of the shift and has a similar display as the The multiple control but you can be holding both halves of the pack at this point.

The Mechanics Shift As a Whole: The move is a tough one but recommended. There arent really a vast aray of single card one handed shifts besides a few that people know E.g The Clipshift and such and probably plenty more but as far as i've seen there aren't a whole lot. A one handed shift if you looking for something to practice. Show your Magician friends, use in performance i really think you will enjoy this especially some of you move monkeys.:)

Teaching Jo and Richard do an excellent job of explaining the move. Every Nuance everything is explained extensively. They explain the move standing and sitting with mutiple camera angles to give you guys a good look at every finger and every action.

Vanishing Inc has done a great job and i applaud them im not dissapointed with what i got.

Thats all for now

I recommend this im sure you will enjoy it and practice it!!

Until next time

Tom

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I just got this the other day. The instruction and teaching method for it is phenomenal. Every nuance is explained and is easy to understand.

But my god this is a tough one to do! I've been on it a week now and so far it's been a great confidence killer. But it is completely worth the $10 if you know you're going to put the practice to it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results