pontas spellbound

jcl

Jan 29, 2010
is any one else learning this routine . ive been practicing it for 3 months and still dont have it looking like ponta . i was wondering does anyone here know ponta and could ask how long it took him to master the routine .

May 17, 2009
United Kingdom
A few points, Ponta is one of the top coin magicians in the world so course (and no offense) his will look better. 3 months is not enough time to perfect a full routine and regardless of how long it took Ponta it will take everyone different amount of times to master it. It also depends on the amount you practice.

Josh

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
is any one else learning this routine . ive been practicing it for 3 months and still dont have it looking like ponta . i was wondering does anyone here know ponta and could ask how long it took him to master the routine .

the Pontas 's spellbound is the best i ever seen

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Tip 1:
Practice one coin at a time. Do the entire routine still, but do it with only one coin while still moving the fingers as if you were still using both coins.

Tip 2:
Practice it with two identical coins and ask yourself, "does it look like I am only using one coin?"

Tip 3:
Spellbound is a lot about subtleties and not rushing too much. Ponta's speed is what it is because his smoothness is up to par with the speed. You may need to slow way down until you can match the smoothness.

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
Tip 1:
Practice one coin at a time. Do the entire routine still, but do it with only one coin while still moving the fingers as if you were still using both coins.

Tip 2:
Practice it with two identical coins and ask yourself, "does it look like I am only using one coin?"

Tip 3:
Spellbound is a lot about subtleties and not rushing too much. Ponta's speed is what it is because his smoothness is up to par with the speed. You may need to slow way down until you can match the smoothness.

really good advices , thanks

Oct 11, 2007
I have been practicing this and recently started performing it after almost 8 months! It takes a lot of work, I even added in a couple moves of my own and modified it for my own use. But, in the end it is totally and completely worth it! Keep at it, and make sure to use video camera if you aren't already, it is a big transition from a mirror but helps a lot more!

May 6, 2009
I have now practiced the vanish routine for almost 1 year , about 3 hours a day on average.

The whole routine, especially the transfer, is still not as smooth as him. It takes years, many years. I talked to him and he said he has been practicing the transfer 5 years before he even created the routine! Doing the vanish itself is easy now, I can get it 90%+ of the time and fast. It's...making it look smooth. Oh, making it look as smooth as him is so incredibly difficult. All I can say is keep practicing. I asked him why, the transfer doesn't look the same as him on video but looks good in the mirror. He told me I need more time...you don't need to practice alot but aim to practice at least 30 minutes a day consistently....it just takes time, and alot of it.

Here's a link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2717lHJtB0

Don't give up.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results