Something I found in the T11 Artists Section

Sep 1, 2007
Magic doesn’t exist through the reflection in the mirror; it exists through the reactions of real people. Go out and perform, experiment and have fun.

--Dave Buck

I though I'd post this where more people can see it. You may remember this thread:

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=1769

What Dave says will hopefully underscore what I said.

Just wanted to bring that to the attention of anyone who cares...

Sep 1, 2007
Those guys are full of all sorts of useful information.

You know what would be great?

If they could somehow arrange an online lecture so we could learn even more...

Sep 2, 2007
as well as kids who don;t know much about magic going to it, and rcording it/ exposing everything on there...but if they could find some secure way...thwat would be sweet.

Sep 2, 2007
well my twp reasons are

1 its fun
2 Two I DO WHAT I WANT

your acting like were making videos for no one to watch...witch isn't true were making it for advice and for people to see. And you don't want to be like one of those people who talk trash and don't have a video showing any skill.

Well anyway most of my videos are flourishing anyway.

and for the love of god if your going to make a video flourishing or magic

If you mess up and or flash ...DON'T PUT IT IN THE FRIKKIEN VIDEO!

but thats just one of my many semi off topic posts.

Tomatoes

Sep 1, 2007
well my twp reasons are

1 its fun
2 Two I DO WHAT I WANT

your acting like were making videos for no one to watch...witch isn't true were making it for advice and for people to see. And you don't want to be like one of those people who talk trash and don't have a video showing any skill.

Well anyway most of my videos are flourishing anyway.

and for the love of god if your going to make a video flourishing or magic

If you mess up and or flash ...DON'T PUT IT IN THE FRIKKIEN VIDEO!

but thats just one of my many semi off topic posts.

Tomatoes

Well, that's...

special...

Sep 1, 2007
I'm not saying don't practice.

I'm saying perform for real-live people who are right there in front of you, watching you, laughing, screaming, hearts beating, minds racing...

Do that.

I'm saying perform for real-live people who are right there in front of you, watching you, laughing, screaming, hearts beating, minds racing...

Do that.
But if you cannot perform your effects properly, what is the point of going out to perform and completely ruining your performances? I believe it is VERY important to perform for spectators, but before that there are steps that must be undertaken to achieve a thorough performance.

I think recording your magic is a GREAT way to practice, because instead of focusing on what you see in the mirror, you can focus on the effects and your hands. You don't have to post this video on the internet but you use it for personal use. Why do you think athletes watch videos of themselves playing? They want to see what they did wrong and how they can improve it.

Once you get your fundamentals and basics down, then it's a matter of honing your performance skills in public.

Mitchell

Sep 1, 2007
But if you cannot perform your effects properly, what is the point of going out to perform and completely ruining your performances? I believe it is VERY important to perform for spectators, but before that there are steps that must be undertaken to achieve a thorough performance.

I think recording your magic is a GREAT way to practice, because instead of focusing on what you see in the mirror, you can focus on the effects and your hands. You don't have to post this video on the internet but you use it for personal use. Why do you think athletes watch videos of themselves playing? They want to see what they did wrong and how they can improve it.

Once you get your fundamentals and basics down, then it's a matter of honing your performance skills in public.

Mitchell

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm pretty sure I said something along the lines of:

Which means that you should practice.

Which basically means that you should practice.

Which means practice.

Practice.

And then perform for people.

Sep 1, 2007
But you never said how to practice. I thought you were saying practice by performing to spectators. Must've read wrong.

Mitchell

Hell, practice however you want. Just make it flawless. But trust me; nothing cleans up your moves faster than doing them in front of somebody who is enough of a jackass to call you out when you screw up. And it doesn't take that much of a jackass.

How do you become a vet? Fight on the frontlines.

(vet as in veteran, not dog doctor)

D

Deleted member 2755

Great quote. I completely agree with this quote. In fact, tomorrow I am hoping to go out and perform Stigmata for random people for the first time and film it. Wish me luck!

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
Great quote. I completely agree with this quote. In fact, tomorrow I am hoping to go out and perform Stigmata for random people for the first time and film it. Wish me luck!

-Doug

Good luck.

I'd recommend that you do one other trick to counter balance. That's something I always notice. People will only do one trick. Do between 2 and 4. Throw in some cards or something. Or a money trick...

In fact, Stigmata is powerful enough that it should be your closer. Do one or two tricks and then Stigmata.

Or just do Stigmata.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results