Tornado Flourish in Pandora

Mar 27, 2011
Hey guys,
I started practicing pandora recently and I experience some problems with my tornado flourish.
I try to execute it with my ring finger on the right hand and help to make a full spin with my left pinky.
My friend says he can do tornado flourish without pinky. He also said that doing without pinky is a correct technique.
Even though I am using my pinky, the speed gets faster and faster every day. Do I have to keep using my left pinky or try to repractice without it?
Thanks in advance.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
as dan buck once said, there is no "Proper" way to do it, only what works for you and makes the flourish look and feel best. Yes some people do it without the pinky, that will take some time to build the strength up to. The more you practice the more likely you will be able to do it that way. Until then using the pinky is fine. The virts video on their youtube gives some tips on that method, although they say its the proper way, i agree more with dan, in that what works best for you is what you should stick with. Everyone's hands and fingers are different so just experiment and keep trying new things and keep practicing.

Mar 27, 2011
Thanks for the replies, guys.
Still can't do it without pinky. Especially the way The Virts do. I can't flick the packet so that it spins. pretty annoying;(

Jan 4, 2011
Spain
Pretty nice... the other day, I was outside watching a lightning storm with my lil sister, and then we went back inside to watch TV and they started sounding the alarms. Turned it to the news to find that a tornado touched down about 20 miles west of us... missed us and stopped before the next town, though...

Mar 27, 2011
Pretty nice... the other day, I was outside watching a lightning storm with my lil sister, and then we went back inside to watch TV and they started sounding the alarms. Turned it to the news to find that a tornado touched down about 20 miles west of us... missed us and stopped before the next town, though...

How is that related to pandora?;d

Mar 5, 2011
Wonderful Asia
With pinky or other finger were fine as long you have big enough finger to keep the spin at the centre between your palm and finger.
Timing to get the right position as long you practice :)

cheers

Mar 27, 2011
With pinky or other finger were fine as long you have big enough finger to keep the spin at the centre between your palm and finger.
Timing to get the right position as long you practice :)

cheers

I can do tornado flourish with my pinky very fast now, but it's not the virts one where I had to use gravity and momentum, just fast finger movements. Still looks nice in the mirror :)
Thanks.

Apr 9, 2011
Just like you, i've recently started with the pandora, and like stated above, there's no correct way to do it, it's a matter of how you do it. i'm a lefty and when i flick the packet with my left ring finger on the tornado, i realized that it'l spin more depending on my wrist action with my right hand, if it doesnt spin as much, my right pink would then push it so my left ring finger could flick it again, but then, i realized again that my left hand wrist shouldn't move as much as the right hand,to prevent the spin from being weak.

hope that helped.

-aj

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results