And all will be consumed

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Hello fellow magicians! Just thought I'd give a shout out to my friend Chris Wiehl, a productive member on these forums, who recently shot on location with Papercranemagic with a new trick he invented. Today was the first day that some footage leaked out into the magic community with a teaser on papercrane's website. http://papercranemagic.com/blog/?p=313

I want to say congrats to Chris and good luck with the release.
P.S. Don't stop with the Saturday night contests. You're videos are awesomely hilarious. :cool:

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
I can't wait for it to be released so I can look it up for free here.

In all seriousness though I really am looking forward to this.

Congrats on your debut :)

- Jenai

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Jenai, is there some reason why you'd post links to an exposure site?

Danny T. when it comes to "original" effects and Paper Crane products I and many other old timers have found ourselves quite bemused when it comes to the lack of historic research & proper crediting that goes on with their material let alone how far they push the definition of "originality". . . they've even been found out in sharing the "How To" side of their video-products at film editing sites while charging magic buffs a fair sum for the same. For lack of a better term, I'd be cautious when it comes to bragging about marketing anything from this company let alone purchasing their products given this known track record.

I like the kids over there, but they need to start being a bit more responsible when it comes to what and how they market, their expectations from those submitting effects that are being considered for release, etc.

craig, jenai is posting a fake exposure channel that is mine, so you might see a tutorial on there.
and craig i do understand what you mean with papercrane, and alot of magic is not new or original anymore as we all know. Papercrane has had issues in the past being a new company but every release they are getting better and better at crediting and research. with this new project i worked and consulted many other magicians to find out what they could about the originality and proper crediting. i also did as much as i could to find history about this effect.
papercrane is a business just like all the other magic sites out there and after working with them i feel that they are very down to earth individuals who really love what they are doing and try to do their best and they are learning something new every release.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Chris, can't wait to see this. Congratulations! Mandy does a nice job filming and cutting the footage. I was down there with Shane Black last year watching a few things take place.

Craig, I understand your concern as well, it seems that many younger magicians who are just dying to get something released are marketing something, tweeking it, and calling it their own.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
craig, jenai is posting a fake exposure channel that is mine, so you might see a tutorial on there.
and craig i do understand what you mean with papercrane, and alot of magic is not new or original anymore as we all know. Papercrane has had issues in the past being a new company but every release they are getting better and better at crediting and research. with this new project i worked and consulted many other magicians to find out what they could about the originality and proper crediting. i also did as much as i could to find history about this effect.
papercrane is a business just like all the other magic sites out there and after working with them i feel that they are very down to earth individuals who really love what they are doing and try to do their best and they are learning something new every release.

You are doing EXACTLY what so many weren't doing. When I was working on an article for them and especially after it was out, I was amazed by the number of major players that chewed me a new hinny in that they were far less forgiving than I was about certain things (one of the items they tipped without credit happened to be one of mine that was published back in the late 90s though the general method has been common fare in Spiritualist & Evangelic Tent shows for decades.)

The site in question may be bogus as you say, but even such a pun creates problems. . . in fact, I was so pissed over it that I used it as an example in a rant earlier today. You may wish to include some kind of disclaimer if parody is your actual goal.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results