Follow up to Genesis v1?

Jul 17, 2011
I ordered Genesis v1, and it hasn't arrived yet, and I'm thinking a bit far in advance, but what is a good follow up to Genesis v1?

Genesis v2
Motion (by Daniel Madison)
The Trilogy (Flourishes)

What is the best choice? (Or is it more about personal style and preference?)

Oct 17, 2009
I think it definitely depends on your skill level. If you are new to flourishes then Genesis v2 would be a good choice. Then either Motion or Genesis v3 (if it's out) and lastly The Trilogy. The flourishes in Motion are intermediate and the flourishes in The Trilogy are quite difficult.

Of course I think you really need to practice Genesis v1 until you get all the moves down. If you keep buying and buying you'll have a hundred flourishes but you won't be able to do any very well.

Also I would recommend Papercuts by Chris Hestnes as it offers unique ideas and original flourishes. The skill level is around intermediate.

In conclusion I would say buy The Trilogy when you are more familiar with performing flourishes because it will make learning much easier. It really is your choice but take my advice into consideration.

-Conspiracy52

Jul 17, 2011
I think it definitely depends on your skill level. If you are new to flourishes then Genesis v2 would be a good choice. Then either Motion or Genesis v3 (if it's out) and lastly The Trilogy. The flourishes in Motion are intermediate and the flourishes in The Trilogy are quite difficult.

Of course I think you really need to practice Genesis v1 until you get all the moves down. If you keep buying and buying you'll have a hundred flourishes but you won't be able to do any very well.

Also I would recommend Papercuts by Chris Hestnes as it offers unique ideas and original flourishes. The skill level is around intermediate.

In conclusion I would say buy The Trilogy when you are more familiar with performing flourishes because it will make learning much easier. It really is your choice but take my advice into consideration.

-Conspiracy52
Well I wasn't planning on buying anything until I've mastered Genesis v1. But thanks for the advice. I think I will go ahead and get Genesis v2 next, and I will check out Papercuts.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results