Legend by Justin Miller review

Sep 3, 2011
Singapore
Overall trick rating : 8/10

Overall teaching : 8/10
So when you start watching the download, for about the first 10mins of the download, Justin spends the time talking about the history of Legend and problems that he faced with his effect. Not to worry, you might be thinking now ''What?! 10mins on just the history of the effect?'' but the download is 52mins long, its not some crappy download that is maybe 10-15mins long.
After the history of Legend, he goes on to the gimmick construction. Honestly, I find the gimmick very easy to make, I can probably make it in 2mins. No special things like magnets, rubber cement , thread...etc is needed. You probably have the thing you need already in your magic drawer so not to worry.
After the construction, he goes on explaining the trick. I really like his explanations because he really explains his tricks in detail. He really puts in effort into his explanations and not like some people who wants to finish off their explanation fast and sell the effect.
There are some bonus effects like the TnR transpo and the MatchStick transpo. Again, he explains them in detail.

The Method: 8/10
The method to Legend is very simple and deceptive. The gimmick is also very simple. You will be able to do this effect within maybe 30mins of practice?(I guess).

Overall download quality : 6.5/10
Well to be honest the quality was not good. I think he used his webcam to film the effect, but the download can still be view and everything can be seen. Well, but we all buy effects to find out the secret and to perform it, not to judge the quality and production of the video

So Justin, good work! Hope to see more effects from you in future. By the way I have just purchased your 420 project. Review for it will be in soon!

If you are interested in this effect, you can find it here at JM's site.
http://www.justinmillermagic.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2605289

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 18, 2010
Thank you so much for the kind words my friend.
I am so glad you are enjoying Legend. Legend is truly one of those effects that reads like a pipe dream but plays like a classical theatrical production.
JM

I really dislike this trend of video downloads. If I am spending money it needs to be a book, dvd, or something I can take with me. I don't like to learn magic sitting in front of a computer. I just wanted to share this feedback, as I am sure others might feel the same.

Apr 18, 2010
Spook, awesome opinion on this thread. One problem, the direction of information being shared is no longer books, or pdf's it's video downloads, live sessions via skype and other networking places. Evolution has a way of steamrolling over those who get left behind. Not saying one is better than the other...it really is just how things are done now. It used to be books. Then we got vhs technology, then dvd tech, then personal computers, then laptops. Who knows what will be next! Also, you CAN take downloads with you on your iphone, ipod, ipad..its very mobile.

JM

Apr 18, 2010
Legend dvd+gimmicks

So of course the one thing I always do is listen to my fan base and customers. Well guess what, you talked I listened and this friday is the WORLD WIDE release of LEGEND the DVD+GIMMICKS! It will be available at your local or favorite magic shop and of course you can get it from me the creator as well at my site. Thank you all for the suggestions.
JM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results