Astonishing impromptu card trick

May 21, 2012
Hi everyone! I'm John :) I have to ask a rather silly question. A few days ago (a month tops) I saw (and learnt) a truly astonishing impromptu card trick, unfortunately I really can't remember neither what it was about nor how it ended, I only remember it was astonishing because when i was performing it to my friends (that trust my shuffling, although as you know they shouldn't) I sort of made them shuffle the cards, I never do that and if I did it must've been for a good reason and that reason was that the trick was so astonishing that i wanted them to shuffle the cards. I'm not sure as i've just registered to this forum (only now i found out) if I'm entitled to post card trick sites. I learnt this card trick on a website which i believe is really famous among magicians but i can't find the trick i'm looking for any longer. Perhaps if someone knows some astonishing impromptu tricks they could post names here so that i may be able to find the one i'm looking for, or (maybe it's easier) you can let me know if i can post the website, i will and you may even know what i'm talking about :D I know that this question is really silly but i really gotta find that trick, it was really beautiful, i seriously wonder why i didn't save it somewhere. Thanks to everyone that'll help me, i'll be really really grateful.

Jul 14, 2010
lol,you are looking for an specific card trick,and all you have to narrow down the huge list is that it is "astonishing and impromptu" ? :D

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Ever lose a $1 bill and when you were looking for it, find a $20?

I'm going to take a guess that you learned this trick from some Misfit who posts exposure videos on Youtube. Let me tell you a real secret of magic -- the guy has awful technique and even worse presentation. Most of the sleights he explains are done improperly. The reason for that is any magician who knows what they are doing wouldn't post videos exposing card tricks on the internet for everyone to see -- seriously, why put them there so your spectators can find out how it is done?

So what is this about finding a $20? You've stumbled on a group of real magicians who can give you guidance on how to properly learn magic. You should check out some beginner card magic books or DVD that are taught by a professional.

For DVDs, Michael Ammar has a series of DVDs called Easy to Master Card Miracles and Ellusionist has Crash Course 1 & 2 DVDs. Those are a great way to start. If you have money to spend, check out Roberto Giobbi's Card College DVDs ($125)

Also, you could pick up some books. My recommendation would be to get Card College 1 and 2 by Roberto Giobbi along with Card College Light (which teaches effects heavy on magic but light on sleight of hand). That would run you around $90 If you want some less expensive options, get Royal Road to Card Magic ($12), Scarne on Card Tricks ($12) and Encyclopedia of Card Tricks ($12). For $35 you will get strong foundations and probably around 300 effects.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results