Sleight Help Needed!

May 22, 2012
Puerto Rico
Hello everyone,
I desperately need help with a sleight of hand. I am working on creating a magic trick but i need help with how to get the card on the top to be the second top card while looking as if you were shuffling.
Please help me out!
Thanks

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Here is a basic easy method:

Have the spectator select their card, have them place it back on top of the lower stock which should be in your left hand, place the remaining top stock (which is in your right hand) on top of the bottom stock and keep your pinky break. Double undercut or use any other fancy cut you know to bring the selection to the top. Then go into a Marlo Tilt and place their selection 2nd from top.

Another thing you can look into is Tom Craven's Keeper Principle. He has a method that he taught me which allows you to perform Farrow Shuffles however the 2nd card from the top will REMAIN 2nd from top at all times throughout the farrows.

Feb 4, 2008
Tilt move, Cover pass, Nowhere pass, as well as all the previous methods mentioned. Sounds as if you may need an introductory book. Look into Card College or Royal Road to Card Magic.

Oct 22, 2011
California
top change and overhand shuffle. outjog and overhand shuffle. or if you can use a table just stack it. top card cover pass. bluff pass. nowhere pass. once your card is in position you can do a great deal of false shuffles to retain the top stock or the entire deck order.

May 22, 2012
Puerto Rico
Alright, thanks all of you who posted an idea i really appreciate it and am using all of them. eostresh recommended some books for me, could you put up a few links where to buy them?

Feb 4, 2008
Feb 4, 2008
I started with Royal Road to card Magic. By the time Card College was gaining its reputation I had already learned much of the material the series contained. So I never got Card College but it is highly regarded. This advice is therefore partially conjecture based on what I personally know of Royal Road and what I have heard from friends who started out with Card College.

If you get through Royal Road you will basically be a beginner card magician with a very good foundation. If you get through all 8 Card College books you will probably be an Intermediate card magician with an excellent foundation. If I were to go back in time and start all over again I would probably invest in Card College. Perhaps there is someone out there who has more first hand experience with both books?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results