Beginner, need help on a couple things...

Nov 1, 2012
I can't for the life of me catch a spring... if I do manage to get it to land neatly they just slide out before I can finish the spring.

Another problem that I can't seem to get past: When doing a deck flip, the top card or two always ends up rotating and landing face up on the bottom of the deck.

Anyone have advice on either of these issues?

Oct 22, 2012
Dover, Tennessee
Alright, the spring is complex. If you don't move your thumb correctly, you'll. send it towards your body. Catching it is easy, just hold your hand in such a way that if you we're holding a deck, the cards wouldn't slide out. Try opening your fingers as wide as you can in the shape of a biddle grip, pinky directly across from your pointer finger, thumb and middle finger across from ech other. I'll send you pics if you still need help. Idk how to on here....
For the deck flip, it's mainly just practice. When you straighten your pointer finger, try to not push the card off the deck. This may help

Sep 1, 2007
USA
Spring- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE1P7fINjX8

As for the deck flip... it still happens to me and I've been (rarely) doing it for over a few years now. If they're just flipping over but staying in your hand I would suggest trying to make a trick out of it. Why not? Other than that... just keep practicing and eventually it'll come to you. You can practice with the card box or even your cellphone for fun.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results