Base of Thumb brake?

Nov 3, 2012
Hey guys I'm going to keep this short. Is there anything called base of thumb brake, does it exist?

And no I'm not talking about the name itself.

Thanks!

SteveF

Elite Member
Nov 3, 2010
Diavo, are you suggesting that people should stop being so lazy and actually use correct spelling and grammar on these forums?!! Are you suggesting that incorrect spelling and/or grammar could make your message unclear to others??!!!one!!one!!!one!!!

Nov 3, 2012
Well the thing is that a friend told me he had found this cool control ( this was a couple of weeks ago) that was called bottom of thumb "brake" and I figured it was break as in pinky break, but then again I wasn't sure, and I didn't want to look stupid. But is there a trick called base of thumb break? / brake?

I couldn't find it myself so I wanted to check if you guys knew.

Jan 29, 2011
The District
In one of Daryl's Encyclopedia of Card of Card Sleights, he teaches a method of doing a thumb count and then transferring that pull-down break over to the fleshy part of the thumb, which I suppose is the thumb break you're looking for?
Neat thing with that is "popping" that break over to a pinky break.

I've found it to be a handy technique to have at my disposal. The more you know... right? =)

Not quite sure what you're asking, but if you're taliking about holding a break using the flesh at the bottom of your thumb, then yes this does exist. I read about it either in Jean Hugard's 'Card Manipulations' or it's in RRTCM... Can't remember which and seeing as the book case is on the other side of the room I can't be bothered to check. Was definitely a Jean Hugard book though.

Rev

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results