Video settings to submit a video.

Feb 17, 2013
Spain
Hi Theory11,

I'm working in some differents projects for the wire but I have a lot of questions. Before to submit my projects to the wire I want to know something. All the questions are about the video settings. When I download the free tricks of the wire I saw that normally the resolution of these videos are 640x320, and for example the size of a 5 minute video is lower than 100mb, but at the same time these videos have a very good quality . I have a very good camera, the CANON EOS 500D and I can record my videos in FULL HD 1080p, but I don't know how to do because when I record, edit and render my videos ALL IS DIFFERENT. Specifically, my camera records in .MOV and for example the size of 2 minute video is 600mb, very high. After, I edit the video with Sony Vegas Pro and I render it again in .MP4, and the size of the video is now 150mb, too high. All of that in 1920x1080.

Please, I would like to get your help because I want to upload for theory11 a good quality videos but with a reasonable size...

Best regards, Telmo Trenado.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Hi Theory11,

I'm working in some differents projects for the wire but I have a lot of questions. Before to submit my projects to the wire I want to know something. All the questions are about the video settings. When I download the free tricks of the wire I saw that normally the resolution of these videos are 640x320, and for example the size of a 5 minute video is lower than 100mb, but at the same time these videos have a very good quality . I have a very good camera, the CANON EOS 500D and I can record my videos in FULL HD 1080p, but I don't know how to do because when I record, edit and render my videos ALL IS DIFFERENT. Specifically, my camera records in .MOV and for example the size of 2 minute video is 600mb, very high. After, I edit the video with Sony Vegas Pro and I render it again in .MP4, and the size of the video is now 150mb, too high. All of that in 1920x1080.

Please, I would like to get your help because I want to upload for theory11 a good quality videos but with a reasonable size...

Best regards, Telmo Trenado.

Hey Telmo, happy to help! Your camera is recording video in HD - which explains the very large filesize. After you export from your editing program, we recommend using a specific compression program like Miro Video Converter (free) to compress your video while preserving high picture quality.

Using Miro (for Mac or PC), you can drag your finished video into Miro and compress it using their "Apple Universal" setting, which will create an MP4 file perfect for uploading on The Wire. Of course, there are many compression programs available, but Miro is a very simple, and very free program that should be just the right thing to get you started.

Feb 17, 2013
Spain
Hey Telmo, happy to help! Your camera is recording video in HD - which explains the very large filesize. After you export from your editing program, we recommend using a specific compression program like Miro Video Converter (free) to compress your video while preserving high picture quality.

Using Miro (for Mac or PC), you can drag your finished video into Miro and compress it using their "Apple Universal" setting, which will create an MP4 file perfect for uploading on The Wire. Of course, there are many compression programs available, but Miro is a very simple, and very free program that should be just the right thing to get you started.

Hi Jonathan,

Right now I render my first video in HD 720p using "Apple Universal" setting, and the video quality is very very bad, the size of the video is good, 1 minute video = 10mb, perfect! But the quality... :(

// EDIT

Ok, no problem now. I rendered again the video with Miro but now only put the .mp4 format. Now yes, the quality and the size of the video are perfect :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results