Foundations: Bottom Deal Help

Mar 12, 2013
To Jason England and/or whomever has knowledge of the Erdnase Bottom Deal:

In the first part of Jason England's Foundations, he teaches Erdnase's Bottom Deal. I've been practicing for several days now (I do know that it will take many years to master this move) and I cannot for the life of me get the lower left corner of the bottom card to dislodge from the ball of my thumb. No matter what I do with my ring and last finger, I cannot get it to budge. Any advice would be wonderful. Thanks!

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Are you holding the deck correctly? A slight bevel in the cards may be necessary. Loosen up your grip, experiment and practice.

Mar 12, 2013
I've experimented with several different grips. I just cannot get that bottom card to pop out. It will always roll up under the inside of the deck.

Oct 5, 2012
No matter what I do with my ring and last finger, I cannot get it to budge.

This may be an issue of the dryness of the finger pad. In order to get the card to buckle up, you need to be able to get enough traction with the fingertip to pull it down. If your finger pad is too dry it will just slide down.

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
The classic Erdnase bottom deal grip is simply difficult. I would honestly recommend attempting Jason England's Modified Erdnase Grip first, and once your comfortable with that going back and practicing the Original.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results