Where to begin in flourishing?

Dec 23, 2010
I have an extremely difficult time flourishing, but I want to give it another go. Where should I start? How can I make it easier for myself?

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Well the main thing that you want to focus on is getting the basics down. People want to skip the simple cuts because they're more impressed by flashy two handed cuts and card twirls. But seriously, once you get those basics down, two handed cuts become self-explanatory. Take a look at Genesis from Andrei Jikh, The Encyclopedia of Card Flourishes from Jerry Cestkowski, De'Vo's Extreme Beginnerz DVDs, even YouTube has some nice basic tutorials. But again, I can't stress enough the importance of getting your basics down. Anything that you decide to skip WILL come back to get you in the future, so avoid developing any bad habits. There are no shortcuts or easy solutions, it isn't easy getting to the point where you're comfortable with cardistry. It's going to feel awkward, but the work will pay off. Good luck man, glad to see you taking an interest in cardistry.

-Patrick Varnavas

May 5, 2013
PAV you are right you have to get the basics down first because it opens many doors into cardistry. Don't just go straight into moves like Dananddave's system or trilogy. Get the basics down first and stick to it the move will eventually come to you after a lot of practice. If you see a new release and think I want that because the cardistry looks good don't get it, for example sportsmagician54 you say your just getting into cardistry don't buy dimitri's new project monument because the flourishes look amazing buy the beginners first a great source is andrei jikh's genesis it's beginner to advanced. I hope that helped and good luck:)

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Practice can be daunting. For some moves you just need to follow along with the video 30 times before you remember what comes next. Just take it step by step and slow down.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results