Shadow Coins

Nov 22, 2007
Who do ya'll think in your opinion has the best shadow coins routine as far as teaching, method, angles, live performance? Trying to learn, but there is so many Criss Angel, DG, Chris Kenner, Shoot Ogawa...etc.. Are these the same principles just different approaches to the efffect?

personally i perfer dean dills methods. homers instant assembly is nice if you can get your hands on it. many of those folks use different methods and approches for the same effect. i don't like dg's as its to angly for tabled magic for my taste. roth has a good base line handling.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
I want to know some dirt... Chris Kenner was the one who showed Homer the original Version. Homer made it to fit him.

I'm not biased, but Chris Kenners is probably the best.

I was just watching some old VHS's of Chris and Homer back in the day. It was nothing short of amazing.

Katie Egleston

Sep 24, 2007
2 things.

1. You do know that the version Criss Angel performed is actually by Bob Kohler right?

2. What is shadow coins??? You must be talking about Chink-a-chink.

What's wrong with Roths original assembly?

I was not aware that Mr. Ogawa had a shadow coins. I have only seen his Matrix plots

-Chicken

Sep 1, 2007
Melbourne
Yes shoot does have a version of Shadow Coins,
It's a 4 coins version similar to DG's
they worked on it together and DG released sh4de.

Sep 15, 2007
Hi Katie and Chris,
I saw it back in the day Live several times by both Chris and Homer and they were like magic.
They mentioned at the time it was one they wouldn't teach anyone. Chris said something to the effect of " I am taking this one to my grave".
When he did it the first time he used Halves.
When he did it the second time for me he used quarters that I gave him from getting change.

Effect was matrix but it looks like Chris never touches the coins when he covers them. The coins just appear and reappear and it is a real wow moment.

Homer does several variations and different matrix effects both with and without cards. He executes them flawlessly as well.

Dean Dill is well awesome as well at coins. He does his matrix routines flawlesslyt as well.

DG's Sh4de is good but I have not seen him do it live yet. It looks fantastic on video though and I have seen others perform it live but I prefer Shadow coins to shade.

Shadow Coins is a little different than Chink a chink but essnetially the same. That can be found in Roth's book on Coinmagic by Kaufman. This chink a chink was the inspiration for Shadow coins as Ammar performed it on video.

Cyril did a version by Dean Dill and ended with Explosion. Whish is a very expensive and nicely made version.

Hope my rambling helped a little and I am not biased like Katie is ...lol Katie when you making more videos??
Snorri

Sep 24, 2007
Kenner's version only uses 4 coins!!!!!

That destroys me. I'm going to go cry and beg the devil for the secret now.

On second thought, i don't want to know.
(although the secret probably would be worth my soul)

Jul 19, 2008
You know, there are other effects of a similar nature that are I feel are worthy of your consideration. Check out Dean Dill's "Call Shot". It's nuts. It'll make you feel like a layperson. That's the highest praise I can give it.

Two fish are in a tank.
One says to the other, "You man the guns, I'll drive."

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results