Why was my effect declined?

frozono9

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2014
Barcelona
I submitted this effect the other day. It was a free release, and I had never seen anything like it. Today I received an email telling me that "your effect isn't fit for the Wire". If somebody could further enhance their reason, that would be great.

Thanks,

Alex
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wpC8lfL7Vw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

baguette

Elite Member
Mar 28, 2013
Sorry to sound harsh but your effect lacked practice, it wasn't smooth, it wasn't flowing and it really appears to NOT be a good fit for the wire. I've had 4/5 of my effects declined and looking back at them i realised why and so will you in a few months.

Practice

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I'd have to agree with baguette.

You weren't ready to publish this - even if no one has palmed a card out of that particular flourish before, your demo video there was poorly done. You fumble with the deck trying to get prepped for longer than you're doing anything else. It's sloppy and unprofessional.

Apr 20, 2014
I agree with what the other guys said. Practice. But I am also kind of with you on the idea that I wish the wire was more specific in why you were declined

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Given how many submissions they most likely get in a day it would only increase the response time further if they had to respond in detail to each submission. Further, they would probably get tired of saying, "This is been done before" and "You need to actually use this for a while before submitting it".

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results