How much to sell for?

Apr 3, 2013
hey guys i have been working on an idea for about a year now and i am about to release it on the wire.

however i am stuck on pricing. here is the description:

MPS is a utility that allows you to make any small object like keys, coins or playing cards appear in an ordinary packet of chocolates or lollies.

In this download there are 3 full routines and 2 bonus tricks taught which are:
kEscape Pod:// A selected and SIGNED card disappears from the deck and appears inside a sealed INSPECTABLE packet of candies.

Candy Corner:// The corner of a note or playing card is ripped off and the spectator holds the rest of the card. Suddenly the corner disappears and is found inside a pod in a sealed packet of pods.That's right, actually inside the chocolate. It is then shown that the pieces match

Color coated:// A spectator names a flavour of candy in a packet of sealed lollies. You then open the bag and all of the lollies have turned to the flavour that the spectator named.

Bonus Tricks:

Skit:// A spectator pours out some skittles from a packet into their hand and you correctly predict the amount in their hand.

RTG:// A simple borrowed ring through sealed bag.

This download is jam packed with ideas including what to do if you don't have the right type of lollies and presentation ideas for different circumstances.

Welcome to MPS.

I think it is worth at least 99 cents but i think it is worth a bit more. unfortunately i do no have the $1.99 option.

So here is the question. Do you think it is worth (would you buy it for) $3.95 or should i stick with 99 cents.

Thankyou,

Mitchell

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
I don't think you should ask this question here, reason being, a lot of people will coax you into making it the lowest price for their own benefit. This is a question you really should ask yourself, you know your effects and only you know it's worth.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I would say that any group of magic tricks is worth at least 3 or four bucks, if not more. The biggest complaint in reviews on the Wire is that things are "not worth the price". I dont think this is the case at all I just feel like magicians are cheap.

Personally I think that we need to get away from selling our magic for so little.

Dec 6, 2014
hey guys i have been working on an idea for about a year now and i am about to release it on the wire.

however i am stuck on pricing. here is the description:

MPS is a utility that allows you to make any small object like keys, coins or playing cards appear in an ordinary packet of chocolates or lollies.

In this download there are 3 full routines and 2 bonus tricks taught which are:
kEscape Pod:// A selected and SIGNED card disappears from the deck and appears inside a sealed INSPECTABLE packet of candies.

Candy Corner:// The corner of a note or playing card is ripped off and the spectator holds the rest of the card. Suddenly the corner disappears and is found inside a pod in a sealed packet of pods.That's right, actually inside the chocolate. It is then shown that the pieces match

Color coated:// A spectator names a flavour of candy in a packet of sealed lollies. You then open the bag and all of the lollies have turned to the flavour that the spectator named.

Bonus Tricks:

Skit:// A spectator pours out some skittles from a packet into their hand and you correctly predict the amount in their hand.

RTG:// A simple borrowed ring through sealed bag.

This download is jam packed with ideas including what to do if you don't have the right type of lollies and presentation ideas for different circumstances.

Welcome to MPS.

I think it is worth at least 99 cents but i think it is worth a bit more. unfortunately i do no have the $1.99 option.

So here is the question. Do you think it is worth (would you buy it for) $3.95 or should i stick with 99 cents.

Thankyou,

Mitchell

5 dollars , hint , think hd : 0

Jun 16, 2013
i think that it is worth more than 99 cents. it would be a steal if it was less than a dollar. but maybe you'll entice more people to buy your effect.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I'm picky and cheap when it comes to buying stuff. If i'm intrigued, I would drop $5 without hesitation. If I like it a lot and could see myself using it, I would drop $10 without a problem. Over that I have to really consider if I'll use it and if it's a strong and interesting enough piece. Above that I think the effect needs to be really worth the money. When I was younger and just buying anything, I used to drop $20 without hesitation if I was intrigued. For what you describe, I think $5-10 would be appropriate in my humble and cheap opinion.

Dec 11, 2013
Bulgaria
Ok, you must think not only for the price if its too high or too low, but also you have to think for marketing. I think for multiple effects its okay to put a price of 7 dollars. 7 dollars is perfect, because its not too high and a lot of people will buy it. If it is 10$ many people wont buy it, because thats how human mind works, and I like how theory11 managed the prices because 6,95$ feels like way cheaper than 7 dollars, but actually it isnt. So i think this is the best price you can put on.

I really love to give this as an example --> THE DECOY EFFECT (Its not the vanishing deck) :D Just click it.

Dec 25, 2014
Truthfully Honestly This sound amazing. I believe you put in alot of work in this

If you ask me this is a question you ask yourself but i would definetley buy this. 15$ 20$ 35$ This sounds amazing!

Mar 4, 2015
It sounds like a great effect, I would easily spend $6.95 on it, even more.
But the cheaper it is the more people will buy it.
Hope this helps

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results