The Greatest Presentation of Triumph

Sep 1, 2007
I just did this tonight. I was at a party with my friends and I told this guy I practice with that I would be doing Triumph. I asked him to help me out a bit.

So now, I'm with a large group of people and someone inevitably asks for a trick (I, of course, oblige). I do my favorite sandwich effect and then PH's Interlaced Vanish. I finish with Triumph.

I don't use the normal patter about a-holes who screw up my trick. I actually have an a-hole "screw up" my trick. I have the card selected, returned to the deck and am shuffling. I get "distracted" by one of the female spectators in time for the guy to visibly "screw up" the trick in front of everyone. The rest was just acting. Photo finish.

The secret: I got my friend to persuade somebody else to flip the packet.

You must all try this.

Oct 10, 2007
thats freaking awesome o_O

maybe get the ultra smoke or whatever and really freak em out....
like..
"wtf? ....." then act how ever u want to , then "this is going to be hard to do, and i need everyone to concentrate with me" or something and then just put your hands around the deck....and wooosh spread em out slowly as the smoke is rising..... well after you let them get shocked that there is smoke o_O

yeah I've been planning on doing that for awhile but i can't afford ultra smoke >.<

Sep 1, 2007
The beauty of it is that it is something believable that some drunk ass-hole would try to mess with any magic act.

As long as you're not against having a stooge help you out, this is a great effect. I was first thinking I'd have my friend do the packet-flip, but I figured it would be more effective to go for the real thing.

The more believeable the presentation, the greater the magnitude of the effect.

Sep 1, 2007
Savannah, GA
Just make sure others don't take the "drunken ass-hole" that you overcome as a sign that you're welcoming challenges...because then you may run into the problem of the others in the audience you're performing for TRYING to "stump the magician."

Other than that, as long as you're not against the occasional use of a stooge (and as long as your stooge wouldn't tell on you during a future drunken-moment), more power to you...great performing :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results