NEW CARDISTRY TUTORIAL

Sep 1, 2014
Hey everyone yesterday I finally made a tutorial of my favorite original flourish. I tried to release it to the wire, but sadly it was declined and I'm not 100% percent why. I thought this flourish was completely new and original( I still think it is). So I'm gonna show you guys the preview of the flourish to get some feedback on what you guys think about the flourish.

Link:

P.S: Also if any of you have released something to the Wire, what do they look for? What helps make their mind about your flourish, tick, etc?

Aug 20, 2010
Too rigid dude. If your tutorial was accepted I think the Wire would be flooded with tutorials of people just mashing moves together.

Duncan F.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
I can see why it wasn't accepted. Firstly, it is not "completely new and original." It is just a bunch of common moves strung together in a new way. Secondly, it just doesn't look good. It's not smooth, it's not fast, it has no flow/rhythm, and it doesn't impress. There's a lot more to creating a flourish than just stringing a bunch of moves together.

Sep 1, 2014
I can see why it wasn't accepted. Firstly, it is not "completely new and original." It is just a bunch of common moves strung together in a new way. Secondly, it just doesn't look good. It's not smooth, it's not fast, it has no flow/rhythm, and it doesn't impress. There's a lot more to creating a flourish than just stringing a bunch of moves together.

Thanks for the feedback. Whats your creative process when you're creating a new flourish?

Duncan F.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. Whats your creative process when you're creating a new flourish?
Most of my moves are just variations on existing moves, so I guess my process is to just learn what's already out there, and then adapt things to my performance style. I've also developed a few flourishes from little knacks that I do. For instance, I used to do this move where I rotate a packet on my index finger. I kept doing it just as a knack, so I decided to develop a flourish around the move so that it had a beginning middle and end.

Sep 1, 2014
Most of my moves are just variations on existing moves, so I guess my process is to just learn what's already out there, and then adapt things to my performance style. I've also developed a few flourishes from little knacks that I do. For instance, I used to do this move where I rotate a packet on my index finger. I kept doing it just as a knack, so I decided to develop a flourish around the move so that it had a beginning middle and end.

Cool. This is just one of my flourishes. But now I can go back to the drawing board and make a new Flourish that's more smooth and etc

Apr 6, 2015
Pakistan
try to be a little creative and dont over exaggerate moves do them smoothly and remember focus on tutorial

for example dont you think the pivot you were doing was a little to exaggerated
btw your editing was good and do the move like that you completely know the move in this you were doing it like you still were learning it
try to search or browse wire often see whats clichéd and whats already there then try to put out a whole new thing and these points apply in putting out every new thing live movies and games
good luck. hope i helped

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results