Magic gaff.

englandzilon

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
I would like to add gaff cards into my show is there a book or dvd that teach me how to manage gaff cards better in terms of adding them into my deck and removing them.

Prof_Utonium

Elite Member
Oct 6, 2009
Hamburg, Germany
Usually this depends on the context.
In some tricks (e.g. Johns Bannon´s classic "Strangers Gallery") it´s a built in logic that you end with removing the gaffs from the deck.
You can leave the gaff in the cardbox and then put the deck into the cardbox after a trick, do something else and then take the deck with the added gaffs out for another card trick.
You could also select the tricks in your set in a way that the existence of the gaffs in the deck doesn´t matter for preceeding or suceedeing tricks (similar to Denis Behr´s "finding you way home"-concept for memorized deck work).
Or just switch the whole deck.
Or the obvious one: Palm the gaffs off in the offbeat after the trick (or add the gaffs respectively)

Just figure out what you want to do with gaffs first and when that´s clear you´ll probaly figure out a way to manage them.

Reactions: Mr.Book

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Usually this depends on the context.
In some tricks (e.g. Johns Bannon´s classic "Strangers Gallery") it´s a built in logic that you end with removing the gaffs from the deck.
You can leave the gaff in the cardbox and then put the deck into the cardbox after a trick, do something else and then take the deck with the added gaffs out for another card trick.
You could also select the tricks in your set in a way that the existence of the gaffs in the deck doesn´t matter for preceeding or suceedeing tricks (similar to Denis Behr´s "finding you way home"-concept for memorized deck work).
Or just switch the whole deck.
Or the obvious one: Palm the gaffs off in the offbeat after the trick (or add the gaffs respectively)

Just figure out what you want to do with gaffs first and when that´s clear you´ll probaly figure out a way to manage them.

For me, the easiest way to add or remove any gaffs is to simply end the effect and leave the deck "dirty for a bit."
Begin a new effect, asking the spectator to chose a card, then turn my back as they show it around. simply add or ditch the gaffs into your coat pocket. :)

Davis West

Elite Member
Dec 26, 2013
Sometimes I end with a great gaffed trick and control that card(s) to the top or bottom of the deck. Then I place the cards in the card box and put them in my pocket and move on to a different routine. If I want to do another card trick without the gaff cards I just dump the cards out of the box while keeping the gaff cards in the box.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results