HELP! I can't master coin magic

Mar 13, 2015
I've always been into card magic, mentalism and general magic. So I figured coin magic is an area which I should improve. I started practicing when my summer vacation started(May) and I've managed to learn just a few of the palms and transfers, but I'm still sloppy. I understand any discipline of magic requires tremendous amounts of practice, but I practice 3 hours a day, 5 days a week for almost 4 months just to learn the basics. I don't mean to sound whiney, but is it okay for me to just "skip" coin magic? It's not like I never wanted to learn, but it has always been on the back burner for me because I'm more interested in the other areas in magic. I believe I've given it more effort than I think most people have when learning, but I'm nowhere near as smooth or knacked as them. Or if any of you have tips I could use, I'd be glad to hear them. By the way, my study material is the Bobo's Coin Magic book.

Dean Magic

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Florida
I think you should stick with what you're interested in. If you like card magic then do card magic. However I think it's still worth learning the basics because you might not always have a deck of cards on you.
I know some basic tricks with coins and bills but I really don't have much of an interest in coin magic so instead I spend time working on advanced card stuff that I actually want to learn and use.
If you seriously want to perform coin magic then keep practicing (don't try to learn too much at once) and you'll get there. But if you're not going to perform it then spend your time practicing stuff you want to learn and use. :D

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Dec 20, 2014
Frisco, Texas
My advice is to get the basics down really well. Most really good coin tricks are based off of or use the basics so once you practice those a bunch you will have it down pretty well. Obviously it helps to know a little bit more than the basics, you will be able to figure out a lot of good tricks without buying them once you have a good understanding of coin magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results