Double lift help

Mem

Dec 23, 2016
Im using strike double lift. I think its clean. Just want to check. Is it right to get 2 cards if i bevel it and quickly riffle my finger in the side of the deck? Or i should instantly get 2 cards?

Dec 5, 2015
It really depends of the condition of your deck, if it's somewhat sticky I would riffle, just to be safe. If your deck is new it's easy to tell if you have two cards. Either way works though.

Mem

Dec 23, 2016
It really depends of the condition of your deck, if it's somewhat sticky I would riffle, just to be safe. If your deck is new it's easy to tell if you have two cards. Either way works though.
Ohh okay. I thought its not okay to riffle it.

ProAma

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Never riffle. Its bad and they can see it. Either push off 2 cards under a wrist kill or do the pinky count. Mastering the pinky count makes life way easier. You have to put in work to get good results.

Reactions: CWhite

Mem

Dec 23, 2016
Never riffle. Its bad and they can see it. Either push off 2 cards under a wrist kill or do the pinky count. Mastering the pinky count makes life way easier. You have to put in work to get good results.

How about a thumb count? For snap double?
Im still new to magic. For about 1month only. But i know false cut false shuffles culling and flourish like card spring drbble and ribbon spread etc.
Im still improving my double lift and palming. How long usually it will take to learn pinky count?

Jan 11, 2017
Im still new to magic. For about 1month only. But i know false cut false shuffles culling and flourish like card spring drbble and ribbon spread etc.
Im still improving my double lift and palming. How long usually it will take to learn pinky count?
Varies between people I'm sure. Like anything in life that requires practice. Took me less than a week to be able to do it quickly with the deck pretty beveled. Another week to do it without looking. And now I'm in the process of being able to do it while talking or not paying attention to it. After that I'll try refining it. So to master the thing? I don't know, perhaps years. To get it down so it is usable? Couple weeks maybe.

ProAma

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
It takes as long as it takes. Practice the pinky count and you won't need anything else.

Reactions: ParkinT

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
I personally am not a fan of the pinky count method. I understand how it works I just don't feel comfortable using it. I like to use the Vernon multiple turn over, the strike method, or the Larry Jennings snap-double. Depends on what context I'm using them in.

Reactions: Mem

Mem

Dec 23, 2016
Thanks for your respond guys. I think i will stick to strike double lift. Where i cam find good tutorial for it? Cause i only learn it on youtube.
And after that i go for pinky count

Jan 14, 2017
What I really dislike about the Strike Double is that it is 'unnatural'. You are holding the deck in Dealer's Grip but you do not "deal" the top card.
Everytime I see a magician handle the top card in the manner of the Strike Double I *know* he is performing a double-lift.
Personally, I have taken the time to practice and master a double turnover that uses PRECISELY the same motion as when I deal a single card.
It is a double push-off followed by a turnover. It requires practice. But just like dealing seconds or bottom dealing it is imperative the "move" does not look any different than normal handling of the cards.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results